The ICDAR Robust Reading Competition has been held four times; in 2003, 2005, 2011 and 2013.
The competition is organized around challenges that represent specific application domains for robust reading. Challenges are selected to cover a wide range of real-world situations. Each challenge is set up around different tasks.
The ICDAR 2015 Robust Reading competition will build upon the success of the previous editions. The main changes that will be introduced for the 2015 editions are:
- 15 January until 31 March: Registration of interest
- 28 February: Datasets available
- 31 March: Submission of results deadline
- 3 April: Method descriptions due
- 23-26 August: Results presentation
The ICDAR 2015 Robust Reading competition already has 653 registered users from 47 different countries around the world.
For more information take a look to the web site: http://rrc.cvc.uab.es/