Dr. David Vázquez, graduated and PhD by the engineering school at UAB, received the best thesis award by the Spanish Association for Pattern Recognition and Image Analysis (AERFAI).
The thesis, entitled “Domain Adaptation of Virtual and Real Worlds for Pedestrian Detection”, has already received other awards previously: CERCA research centers awarded this work as well as the Autonomous University of Barcelona, which awarded him the “Outstanding PhD Award” from the Department of Computer Science.
The work was led by Dr. Antonio López Pena, UAB professor and head of the research group of Advanced Driver Assistance Systems (ADAS) at the Computer Vision Center who also directed his final degree work in the computer vision field applied to the assistance of driving. ADAS is currently working on developing an autonomous car based on computer vision. They are currently open to receiving students to assist in their work.
- About Us
- Research Groups
- Advanced Driver Assistance Systems (ADAS)
- Color In Context (CIC)
- Document Analysis (DAG)
- Human Pose Recovery and Behavior Analysis (HuPBA)
- Image Sequence Evaluation (ISE)
- Interactive and Augmented Modelling (IAM)
- Learning and Machine Perception Team (LAMP)
- Machine Vision (MV)
- Medical Imaging (MiLab)
- MultiSpectral Image Analysis and Understanding (MSIAU)
- Neurocomputation and Biological Vision Team (NeuroBiT)
- Object Recognition (OR)
- Technology Transfer
- Job Offers