UAB-CIE Sphere centres looking to hire 31 researchers

October 28, 2015 at 9:04 am by

The P-SPHERE Programme will recruit experienced researchers through two calls, with the first being launched in November this year. This project is funded by the Marie S. Curie H2020 Programme and involves UAB-CIE Sphere centres. This is the only COFUND POST-DOCTORAL project awarded to a Spanish institution.

The European project P-SPHERE is run by the UAB as beneficiary and involves various UAB-CIE centres such as the CVC. The two calls will aim to attract international researchers and will have two main focuses: interdisciplinary research, linked to the strategic challenges of the HORIZON 2020 programme, and mobility, with the researchers coming from other countries and undertaking stays at institutions, companies and technology centres.

The P-SPHERE project is funded by the COFUND 2014 Horizon 2020 programme of the European Commission and it applies the international mobility requirement of the Marie S. Curie programme: applicants must not have resided or conducted their principal activity in Spain for over 12 months in the 3 years prior to the closing date of the call.

48 postdoctoral contracts of 3 years’ duration are to be awarded and the fellows will conduct their research at the UAB-CIE Sphere, the excellence-driven cluster centred on the UAB campus. Their research will be based on five multidisciplinary research domains: Food, Health, Smart and Sustainable Cities, Cultural Heritage and Materials & Energy. They will be able to propose their own projects based on the lines of research of one of the participating centres.

The project has a total budget of €10,470,240. The European Commission provides 49% of this amount: €5,097,600, and the UAB-CIE Sphere contributes the other 51%: €5,372,640.

The first call for applications is to be made this November 31 research fellowships will be offered. The second call, in autumn 2016, will offer 17 fellowships.

Together with the UAB, the following centres are participating in the project: the Computer Vision Centre (CVC), the Institute of Agrifood Research and Technology (IRTA), the Catalan Institute for Nanoscience and Nanotechnology (ICN2), the Institute of High Energy Physics (IFAE), the Artificial Intelligence Research Institute (IIIA-CSIC), Barcelona Institute for Microelectronics-National Centre for Microelectronics (IMB-CNM-CSIC), and the Institute of Materials Science of Barcelona (ICMAB-CSIC).


The CVC is offering the following 3 possitions:

Ultimate color descriptor including multiple light effects

Human Pose Recovery and Behavior Analysis

Holistic interpretation of urban scene imagery


Picture taken from the UAB web site

Picture taken from the UAB web site

Posted in News