We look for a PhD in Machine Learning with a good publication record. We are specially interested in candidates with experience in Deep Learning, Reinforcement Learning and/or Domain Adaptation. Experience in Computer Vision will be a positive point in the selection of the candidate.
The supervisor of the fellow will be Prof. Antonio M. López (http://www.cvc.uab.es/~antonio), head of the advanced driver assistance systems (ADAS) group. The research will be related to the development of a self-driving car owned by CVC. The CVC team is responsible for the vision-based environment perception (end-to-end driving, object detection, semantic segmentation, etc.), and collaborates with other teams to perform tasks such as deployment in real-time embedded systems, vehicle-to-x communications, planning and control, etc.
Overall we want to use deep and reinforcement learning, transfer learning and domain adaptation for developing the vision-based perception and artificial intelligence of a self-driving car, with the support of realistic virtual environments (e.g. see www.synthia-dataset.net). We aim at producing high quality publications and proofs-of-concept.
Funding conditions. Competitive salary package for Post Doc is offered including:
– Living allowance of 36.100€/year (gross salary). ( This is 3.8 times the minimum salary in Spain)
– Single relocation payment of 3000€.
Other funding (not included in the salary)
– Research activities: up to 3.600€/year
– Mobility activities: up to 3.600€/year
If you are eligible, please send an email to: email@example.com
Conditions, deadlines and applications at www.uab.cat/psphere.
Extended deadline: 13th of December.
OTHER P-SPHERE POSITIONS OPEN AT CVC
- HUMAN POSE RECOVERY AND BEHAVIOR ANALYSIS
- SCENE TEXT UNDERSTANDING
- PREDICTING INTRINSIC PROPERTIES FROM IMAGES USING DEEP NETWORKS
- INFORMATION EXTRACTION FROM HISTORICAL DOCUMENT IMAGES
- DEEP LEARNING FOR MULTI-MODAL DATA REPRESENTATIONS