There is an Open Position for an Unreal Engine Programmer at the Computer Vision Center in Barcelona.
- Duration of the project: 1 year. Possible extension depending on performance and success of the project
- Location: Computer Vision Center (CVC) at the Autonomous University of Barcelona (UAB), Spain
- Starting date: as soon as possible, we are flexible on this, but we are targeting some point between the second half of September or the first half of October, 2016
- Annual gross salary*: 30,000 – 35,000 EUROS depending on the experience
- Project motivation
The Computer Vision Center (Barcelona, Spain) and the Intel Visual Computing Lab (Santa Clara, California) have joined forces to create a new videogame-like simulator with the aim of simulating virtual cities and urban scenarios along with all their typical elements (vehicles, pedestrians and other objects). This simulator will be used to create a new generation of Artificial Intelligence for autonomous driving and outdoor contexts, in which artificial agents will learn how to move and behave solely by the feedback they receive from the environment (the virtual world).
- Responsibilities and duties
Design and code a simulation platform of a city using Unreal Engine. The simulator must integrate urban environments, highways and other areas with the correct behavior of dynamic objects (pedestrians, bikes, cars, motorbikes, etc.). The main task will be to produce a platform in which the basic behavior of pedestrians, vehicles and other objects is consistent and seems realistic.
To do the design following server-client architecture, so that different “players” can interact in the urban environment in a distributed fashion. The players can run any role (driving a car, being a pedestrian, etc). These players can be humans, or artificial agents.
- Exemptions of the following responsibilities
As in any big project there are many tasks involved that require the participation of different people with different skills and backgrounds. In this way, we clarify that the following tasks will be out of the scope of this job position:
- The design and development of the artificial agents
- 3D design of objects (object modeling) and animation
- Context of the project
This project will take place in Barcelona (Spain), at the Computer Vision Center (CVC), within a team formed by researchers and engineers. The skills and background of the team covers: expertise in computer vision, autonomous driving, artificial intelligence, machine learning, and realistic video game development, among others. You will be working with state of the art hardware, including the latest NVIDIA GPU technologies.
- Candidate requirements
- Strong expertise in development with Unreal Engine framework
- Proven experience in simulation / 3D games projects at industrial level
- High Level of C++ programming
- Skills and knowledge of software engineering tools
- Strong teamwork skills
- Good communication skills: proficiency in English or Spanish
- Benefits and perks
- Annual gross salary*: 30,000 – 35,000 EUROS depending on the experience.
- Become a member of a research project in the field of autonomous driving and artificial intelligence, which will have an enormous impact.
- Become co-author of outstanding scientific publications in top research journals and conferences.
- Great working environment in the sunny and cosmopolitan Barcelona.
If you are in interested, please send your CV as soon as possible to email@example.com
(*) This is 3.3 – 3.8 times the minimum salary in Spain
(*) The CVC pays an additional 33% of the salary to the Spanish social security (i.e., the national health system, one of the best in the world) for covering the worker