CARLA (http://carla.org) is an internationally recognized project that brings the state of the art in autonomous driving simulation to the world. CARLA started in 2016 as an open-source project sponsored by Intel and developed at the Computer Vision Center (Barcelona, Spain). Since then, CARLA has become the top-one open source simulator for autonomous driving, used and supported by international organizations such as Intel, Toyota Research Institute, KPIT, and GM. Our simulator is built upon Unreal Engine 4 and through this project we aim to democratize and standardize the development and verification of AI agents in the field of autonomous vehicles. We look to provide society with the right tool to boost progress in this critical field, bringing this technology to the masses. That is why CARLA is and it will always be developed and released under the open-source paradigm (all our code and assets). Since the project has attracted a high attention from both academia and industry, we are facing a 2nd phase focusing on improving current functionalities and adding completely new ones.
Your role as a new team member will be working on the design and development of planning and control algorithms for autonomous vehicles in CARLA. You must have strong skill on the use of ROS, C++, and python to navigate autonomous system. Experience in the Git workflow, code reviews is also important. You will be working in Barcelona (Spain) within a multidisciplinary team of engineers, artists, machine learning scientists, computer vision researchers and autonomous driving folks from all over the world.
Mandatory skill requirements
- Strong C++ programming experience, especially in Linux environments.
- Strong ROS and Python programming experience.
- Strong experience in planning and control algorithms for the navigation of autonomous systems.
- Good online communication and team-collaboration skills.
- English fluency
Highly Valuable Skills
- Experience in open-source tools, especially github.
- PhD related to the navigation of autonomous systems.
- Experience with machine learning techniques.
Summary of Benefits and Conditions
- Annual wages (salary range): 30.000 – 35.000 euros, depending on experience
- Duration of the job: minimum 1 year.
- Location: Computer Vision Center (CVC) at the Autonomous Univ. of Barcelona.
- Starting date: as soon as possible, from May-June 2019
Please send your resume and a link to a reference project (e.g. github repository) to email@example.com , using “CARLA ROS/P&C Programmer” as the subject.
Download the job offer here