We are seeking a full-time post-doctoral researcher with a strong background in pattern recognition, machine learning, computer vision, and deep neural networks in order to be operative from the beginning of the project. He/she will be responsible for designing and developing our three main objectives to move beyond the current state of the art in automatic reading systems and to develop the different MVPs described in WP2 and WP3 of the project.
With the guidance of the research team and the feedback obtained by our lead users, the requirements of the different MVP architectures will be defined. The post-doc researcher will have the main task of producing the source code by encoding the project requirements in computer language to develop the MVP. The post-doc researcher will also have to confirm program operations by conducting tests; modifying program sequences and/or codes for the proper running of software.
The post-doc researcher will also be writing and maintaining user documentation in order to guarantee the iteration of code in order to let the final solution be scaled up.
- PhD in computer science.
- The post-doc researcher should meet some required technical skills in terms of knowledge of libraries and programs:
- Programming languages: C / C++ and Python
- Mobile development: Android and iOS
- Numeric libraries: Numpy / Scipy
- Machine learning libraries: SkLearn, libSVM Computer
- Vision libraries: OpenCV, SimpleCV
- Deep Learning toolboxes: TensorFlow, Keras, PyTorch,Caffe.
- Be able to work independently as well as within an interdisciplinary team, fluent in English.
- Good communication skills.
Type of contract
18 months’ PostDoctoral contract (extendable depending on project duration).
Salary according to the CVC labor categories.
If interested, please send your CV and motivation letter together in one pdf document through the online form, indicating offer code 20200505-POSTDOC-BeARs. The online form can be accessed here: http://www.cvc.uab.es/?page_id=107
Application deadline: 29/05/2020
This contract is funded by project BeARS: Beyond Automatic Reading Systems, reference no. 2019PROD00090, together with the funding of Programa Operatiu FEDER de Catalunya, within the frame of Indústria del Coneixement per a l’any 2019 (Llavor i Producte) projects. Modalitat B. Ajuts Producte destinats a l’obtenció de prototipus i a la valorització i transferència dels resultats d’investigació generada per equips de recerca de Catalunya.