The UAB has opened a call for PhD positions. Seven of these positions are linked to research groups in the Computer Vision Center. The period for presenting applications is from 22 March to 9 April 2013.
Candidates must accredit that they hold a university qualification, EHEA university qualification of at least 300 ECTS credits, or a university-awarded Master degree or equivalent, or be able to accredit this at the time of signing the contract. Candidates cannot already hold a doctoral degree. The forecast date of incorporation is between 15 September and 15 October 2013.
The duration of each position is of 3 years (36 months). The total annual amount of the grant is €14391.63 gross, payable in 12 monthly installments that include the pro-rated bonus payments. Grants additionally include the cost of public registration fees for official doctorate programs and supervision of the thesis.
More information can be found at the UAB website.
All the positions linked to research groups in the CVC are within the Computer Science department. The profiles and contact persons of each of these positions are:
1. Computer Vision – Large scale image understanding (contact: Jordi González, email@example.com)
2. Computer Vision – Human action recognition in big data (contact: Xavi Roca, Xavier.Roca@uab.cat)
3. Computer Vision – Document Analysis (contact: Ernest Valveny, firstname.lastname@example.org)
4. Computer Vision – Document Analysis (contact: Josep Lladós, email@example.com)
5. Computer Vision – Information retrieval (contact: Débora Gil, firstname.lastname@example.org)
6. Computer Vision – Computational modeling of the visual cortex (contact: Alejandro Párraga, email@example.com)
7. Computer Vision – Color in context (contact: Ramon Baldrich, Ramon.Baldrich@uab.cat)