WHY THE CVC IS AIMING AT THE DISTINCTION “HR Excellence in Research”
The CVC is declared as a public Catalan institution, with an international vocation, committed to its environment, and advocate, in the development of its activities, the values and practice of freedom, pluralism, democracy, equality, solidarity and equity. The main aim of the CVC is to achieve excellent research with excellent professionals.
The process for the HRS4R distinction allows the CVC to achieve the highest standards in human resources for researchers. This is essential to have the best opportunities for our researchers in terms of carrier development, and it constitutes an opportunity in itself for the institutional development.
The CVC is committed with the UN Sustainable Development Goals. These goals are embedded into the general actions that the CVC is carrying out, with specific impacts.
CHRONOLOGY OF THE HRS4R Award
- In 2008, the EURAXESS Human Resources Strategy for Researchers (HRS4R) was launched to support institutions in the process of implementation of the Charter and Code principles in their practices and policies. The Computer Vision Center is committed to improving its Human Resources policies in line with the European Charter for Researchers and the Code of Conduct of the Recruitment of Researchers, and for this reason, the CVC endorses the documents and applies for the HRS4R logo of excellence in HHRR.
- In July 2013, the CVC endorsed the C&C (add link).
- During 2014, the Internal Analysis of the CVC was conducted by an interdisciplinary team, including meetings with members of the Governing Board, the Management Board, and researchers from all fields of knowledge.
- The result of this task was the “CVC Gap Analysis and Action Plan. HRS4R Strategy (in English)”.
- A relevant part of the development plan is the “Pla d’Igualtat d’Oportunitats i Gestió de la Diversitat” CVC_Pla_Igualtat_R1_CERCA.pdf (català), with which CVC is committed to addessing the diversity of the center as regards as gender, belief, physical capacities, etc.
- In May 2015, the CVC was acknowledged with the distinction “HR Excellence in Research”. HERE THE LINK TO THE LETTER FOR THE LOGO DISCTINCTION This logo reflects our commitment to continuously improve our human resources strategies in line with the European Charter for Researchers and the Code of Conduct for the Recruitment of Researchers, and our commitment to guarantee a supportive research environment implementing these principles into UAB policies.
- In April 2018, the interim report highligts the weaknesses and strengths of the implementation strategy, emphasizing the need of open access through this website to all the information related to HRS4R.
MAIN MILESTONES FOR OUR HRS4R Strategy
- XXX In accordance with our Strategic Plan (FILE), we implemented and new career plan for researchers.
- XXX We implement the policy of publishing all our positions at Euraxess Website following the Guide for publishing on Euraxess Jobs for CVC (link for OPEN POSITIONS). These job opportunities are appearing in our website for Open Positions.
- XXXX We participated in the P-Sphere project with 6 Marie Skłodowska-Curie Actions contracts. This allowed the CVC to develop a permanent framework for tenure-track researchers based on the CO-FUND EU Program.
- XXX We published a policy for internships at the CVC. This allows researchers in the early stages of their career (pre-graduate, graduate and post-doc) to carry out short research stages at CVC.
- XXX We openly implement our Internal Committee for HRS4R policy. This committee (including researchers but also staff members and students) meets regularly every 2 months in order to have a follow up of the HRS4R policy in the Center.
- XXX We adapt all the CVC new positions and their calls to the standards of the HRS4R strategy, including the protocols for internal and external committees of evaluators.
SUMMARY OF DOCUMENTS
- “CVC Gap Analysis and Action Plan. HRS4R Strategy (in English)”.
- CVC_Pla_Igualtat_R1_CERCA.pdf (català),
- Interin report (in English)
- CVC_CAREER development plan
LINKS OF INTEREST
- Guide for publishing on Euraxess Jobs
- Euraxess Jobs
- Marie Skłodowska-Curie Actions
Las demás cosas que piden, son revisiones de las cosas que pusimos, es decir, hay que revisar el Action Plan y colgar las cosas que dijimos que íbamos a hacer, por ejemplo, indicadores de las acciones.
Esto habría que sentarse para hablar y ver cómo se organiza para hacerlo.