This page is updated in a regular basis so as to include the different targets and indicators used to measure the advances obtained. Some goals are already identified, but no particular target or indicator is defined yet. The CVC aim is to have a mapping of its targets and indicators by 2019. In order to have an in-depth description of all the targets and indicators of the SDG, please visit http://sdg-tracker.org.
SGG 3: Good Health and Wellbeing.
SDG 4: Quality of Education.
SDG 5: Gender Equality.
TARGET 5.4: VALUE UNPAID CARE AND PROMOTE SHARED DOMESTIC RESPONSIBILITIES
The CVC is facilitating flexible timetables for employees men and women, so that they can take care of house responsibilities, particularly in the event of new births.
SDG INDICATOR 5.4.1: Time spent on unpaid domestic and care work.
– To be filled by the end 2019
TARGET 5.5: ENSURE FULL PARTICIPATION IN LEADERSHIP AND DECISION MAKING
The CVC ensures women’s full and effective participation and equal opportunities for leadership.
SDG INDICATOR 5.5.2: Number of women in managerial positions
– There are 4 women as Principal Investigators (PI) in the CVC, representing 20% of all the PIs.
– Although the current percentage of women in Computer Science and Engineering degrees is about 3%, the total percentage of women researchers at Ph.D. level at CVC is ~25% of all Ph.D. staff.
TARGET 5.C: ADOPT AND STRENGTHEN POLICIES AND ENFORCEABLE LEGISLATION FOR GENDER EQUALITY
The CVC has developed its own strategy for equality of opportunities.
SDG INDICATOR 5.C.1: Systems to track gender equality
– The CVC strategy has been implemented in its Equal Opportunity Plan document, and integrated in the Human Resources Strategy for Researches (HRS4R), for which the CVC has obtained from the EU Commission the HRS4R logo.
SDG 8: Decent Work and Economic Growth.
SDG 9: Industry, Innovation and Infrastructure.
SDG 11: Sustainable Cities and Communities.
SDG 12: Responsible Production and Consumption.
TARGET 12.5: SUBSTANTIALLY REDUCE WASTE GENERATION
The CVC has a policy for reducing the use of contaminating materials and proactive attitude to recycling.plastic items.
SDG INDICATOR 12.5.1: Recycling rates
– Plastics: We are focusing in 3 specific items: Plastic dishes, plastic glasses and plastic coffee stirrers. Our aim is to have zero plastic dishes, glasses and stirrers by 2020.
– Paper: We are collecting for recycling the 100% of the paper and cardboard no longer needed.
– Printer Toner: We are collecting for recycling 100% of the toner cartridges used in our laser printers.
– Computers and electronic components: We are collecting for recycling 100% of all the computers and electronic components once they are no longer needed.
TARGET 12.6: ENCOURAGE COMPANIES TO ADDOPT SUSTAINABLE PRACTICES AND SUSTAINABLE REPORTING
The CVC is committed to have an active reporting on the SDGs.
SDG INDICATOR 12.6.1: Companies publishing sustainability reports
– The CVC created the SDGs web page in Q4 2018, with up-to-date information regarding the challenges and evolution of the achievements.
– The CVC is committed to to have annual reporting regarding its contribution to the SDGs, starting by the end 2019.
SDG 17: Partnership for the Goals.
These SDGs have been identified as key lines of action, and objective indicators will be provided in anual reports starting in the year 2019.