Delivering proforma invoices to clients in a short time is key to many companies. The main goal of TubeQuoter is to automatically compute the manufacturing price of a silicone hose. The final price depends on two factors: the manufacturing time per item and the type of coating textile needed. TubeQuoter automatically estimates the former from four types of inputs:
- tube length, diameter and number of bends
- stereolitography (STL) files
- scanned images of tube blueprints
- photographs of the tube showing two or three orthogonal views
This estimation is performed through a regressor trained with examples. TubeQuoter is a web service that can be accessed both from desktop PC and mobile and tablet devices. The result is a proforma invoice PDF document that can be obtained in a matter of seconds.
What’s inside ?
- RANSAC for 3D reconstruction from STL files (3D point cloud)
- Gaussian process for manufacturing time prediction from 3D shape dimensions
2010-11 and 2015
Felipe Lumbreras, Joan Serrat, Pau Li, Jose Angel Contreras