<![CDATA[Call for Postdoc possition: SENSA: System for Endoscopy Stenosis Assessment. (PO FEDER 2014-2020)
The Computer Vision Center (CVC) is a non-profit institution devoted to Research and Development in Computer Vision. The CVC was established in 1995 by the Generalitat de Catalunya and the Barcelona Autonomic University (UAB) with the aim to undertake basic and applied research at the highest international level, while promoting knowledge transfer to the industry and society at large. CVC's expertise has brought the center to a leading position in the Computer Vision and Pattern Recognition fields and it is considered a reference in creating R&D impact in society.
Medical imaging represents a major area of computer vision. Since the beginning, the CVC has had a continued activity within this area, in not only research but also technological transfer and development. The CVC regularly collaborates with large hospitals, biomedical companies (some of that are large multinational corporations) and institutions from the biomedical sector.
The Computer Vision Center (CVC) in tight cooperation with Hospital de Bellvitge (HB) has developed a System for Endoscopic Stenosis Assessment (SENSA). SENSA is a software package that analyzes in real time videobronchoscopic frames to provide accurate standardized CAO measurement. SENSA computes a gold standard CAO by simple selection of the frames showing the obstructed and healthy airway. Our product is the only one that works directly with videobronchoscopy images without the need of using other imaging technologies or modifying current commercial devices.
SENSA (System for Endoscopic Stenosis Assessment) is a computational system for the automatic assessment of the degree of stenosis from the in-vivo analysis of standard videobronchoscopic explorations.
SENSA is a software package, which analyzes in real time videobronchoscopic frames to provide an accurate and standardized measurement of CAO. SENSA computes the gold standard SI from videobronchoscopic explorations by simple selection of the frames showing the obstructed and healthy airway (as illustrated in Fig1). Our product is the only one that works directly with videobronchoscopy images without the need of using other imaging technologies or modifying current commercial devices.
Among others, the benefits of SENSA are:
• Compliance with clinical standards for stenosis diagnosis and treatment planning.
• Treatment decision on stenting after endoscopic recanalization.
• Automatic on-line assessment in the operating room.
• Device and manufacturer independence.
• Affordable solution without requiring any specialized hardware or modification of already deployed equipments.
• No harm to the patient, no additional radiating imaging techniques.
• Suitable for all population, including pregnant women, children and dyspnoeic or uncooperative patients.
Therefore, SENSA constitutes a breakthrough for bronchoscopy as it reduces the procedural costs and the patient’s emotional stress, as well as its radiation risk.
The ideal candidate for the position must have:
We request to contract a postdoc with experience in bronchoscopic video processing to implement Module2 portability, validate and iterate the system in a clinical setting and perform as a contact person between CVC and Bellvitge. His particular tasks will be:
1. WP4: Porting Current SI Module2 to a real time implementation. He will be in charge of WP4 and implement the MATLAB version of the SENSA image processing algorithms in C++.
2. WP5: Module 2 Iteration. He will conduct the off-line clinical experiments in conjunction with the Bellvitge Hospital to iterate and tune Module 2.
3. WP6: Module Integration. He will participate in the integration of Module 2 into the graphical interface and will elaborate the user’s manual
4. WP7: Validation and Iteration of real-time SENSA prototype in a Clinical Setting. He will be in charge of debugging SENSA’s Module 2.
5. WP9: Dissemination. He will implement the webpage and SENSA’s demo for the face-to-face demonstrations, which he will also perform.
We request funds to cover 100% of the expenses for 12 months full time
How to apply
This call is part of a wider call from the Computer Science Department of the Autonomous University of Barcelona for the European project 2014 PROD 00065 of PO FEDER 2014-2020 (in collaboration with AGAUR agency).
Candidates must accredit that they hold a university qualification, EHEA university qualification of at least 300 ECTS credits, or a university-awarded Master degree or equivalent, or be able to accredit this at the time of signing the contract. Candidates must already hold a doctoral degree. The forecast date of incorporation is October 1th 2015.
Interested candidates must send an e-mail to email@example.com with an expression of interest specifying the above profile, and attaching the following documentation:
• A copy of the DNI or passport
• A CV
• A certificate of the academic record
• A copy of the official certificate of the university degree
Further details on this call can be found in the linked document or www.cvc.uab.cat. The deadline to receive applications is August 31, 2015 at 12:00 AM.
The duration of position is 1 year (12 months). The total annual amount of the gross salary is
€ 27.000, payable in 12 monthly installments that include the pro-rated bonus payments.
The profile and contact info for this specific position is: ref. SENSA.PRODUCT.2014
Computer Vision – SENSA (System for Endoscopic Stenosis Assessment) (contact: Jorge Bernal, firstname.lastname@example.org).]]>