Senior Programmer Expert on Computer Graphics and GPU Programming for CARLA, the Open Source Autonomous Driving Simulator
CARLA (http://carla.org) is an internationally recognized project that brings the state of the art in autonomous driving simulation to the world. CARLA started in 2016 as an open-source project sponsored by Intel and developed at the Computer Vision Center (Barcelona, Spain). Since then, CARLA has become the top-one open source simulator for autonomous driving, used and supported by international organizations such as Intel, Toyota Research Institute, KPIT, and GM. Our simulator is built upon Unreal Engine 4 and through this project we aim to democratize and standardize the development and verification of AI agents in the field of autonomous vehicles. We look to provide society with the right tool to boost progress in this critical field, bringing this technology to the masses. That is why CARLA is and it will always be developed and released under the open-source paradigm (all our code and assets). Since the project has attracted a high attention from both academia and industry, we are facing a 2nd phase focusing on improving current functionalities and adding completely new ones.
Your role as a new team member will be working on the design and development of new CARLA features related to sensor simulation. You must have strong skills on designing and programming Computer Graphics algorithms, especially using GPUs. Experience in the Git workflow, code reviews and being familiar with UE4 is also very important. You will be working in Barcelona (Spain) within a multidisciplinary team of engineers, artists, machine learning scientists, computer vision researchers and autonomous driving folks from all over the world.
Mandatory skill requirements
- Strong C++ programming experience, especially in Linux environments.
- Strong GPU programming experience, especially in Linux environments.
- Strong experience in programming Computer Graphics algorithms.
- Good online communication and team-collaboration skills.
- English fluency.
Highly Valuable Skills
- Experience in Unreal Engine 4 (programming).
- Experience in open-source tools, especially Github.
Summary of Benefits and Conditions
- Annual wages: 30.000 euros.
- Duration of the job: minimum 1 year.
- Location: Computer Vision Center (CVC) at the Autonomous Univ. of Barcelona.
- Starting date: as soon as possible, from May-June 2019.
Please send your resume and a link to a reference project (e.g. github repository) to email@example.com, using “CARLA CG/GPU Programmer” as the subject.
Download the job offer here