The CVC is looking for a grantee for its Communication and Marketing Department<![CDATA[
The Computer Vision Center (CVC) is a non-profit research center with independent legal status, created in 1995 by the Generalitat de Catalunya and the Autonomous University of Barcelona (UAB). The CVC is, also, a CERCA centre.
Its mission is to conduct cutting-edge research that has the greatest international impact in the field of computer vision, promoting the transfer of knowledge to industry and society.
As part of this mission, the CVC is increasing its resources to give more visibility at its researchers and disseminate their results to society. This effort was recognized by the Spanish Foundation for Science and Technology (FECYT), which accredited the CVC Communication and Marketing Department as a Unit of Scientific Culture and Innovation (UCC+i), and member of the Spanish UCC+i Network. The Units of Scientific Culture and Innovation (UCC+i) act as intermediaries between their host institutions and citizens, with the main aim of promoting scientific, technological and innovation culture through a range of activities.
The CVC is seeking for a full-time (37,5 h/week) grantee to join its UCC+i to give support in all the activities the department is conducting for increasing scientific, technological and innovation culture in society, specially in Artificial Intelligence and Computer Vision. The selected candidate will be closely supervised by the Head of the Department and work in a technological, creative and collaborative environment with international projection.
- Support to the communication and the dissemination of national and European projects: Writing web news, help in the preparation of press releases, and coordination of external vendors to prepare streamings, videos, posters and other online and printed material.
- Support to the dissemination of the centre's activities and results (open days, media, schools, conferences and congress).
- Community Manager. Content management and dynamization in social networks.
- Involve in the preparation and permanent updating of the annual report of activities.
- Assistance with the preparation of grant proposals for scientific culture programs.
- Help to the implementation of the internal communication plan (seminars, internal newsletter, team building events, etc.).
- Scientific background.
- Familiar with technological issues and innovation.
- University academic training in Science (any field and degree) or Journalism.
- Complementary Master's or Postgraduate training (finished or in progress) related to Science Communication, Audiovisual Communication and Advertising Content, Creative Communication, Communication and Marketing, Online Communication and Social Network Management, Business and Institutional Communication.
- Full competence in English. Catalan and Spanish highly valued.
- Familiar with WordPress.
- Knowledge of graphic design tools. Adobe package (Photoshop, Illustrator and Premier).
- High oral and written communication skills.
- Good eye for curation of scientific contents aimed to all kind of audiences.
- Comfortable working as a part of a team.
- Good inter-personal skills.
- Creativity and imagination. Flexibility and fluidity.
- Note that we seek for a junior candidate, therefore no previous experience is required.
- Appointment duration: One-year.
- Gross salary:13.300€/year, according to CVC labour categories (1st stage fellow).
- Start date:As soon as possible (preferably from April 9th , 2021).
- Applicants must submit, in one single PDF, their updated curriculum vitae (2 pages maximum) and a motivation letter (1 page maximum) through CVC online form in this link, indicating offer code 20210308_Com_Grantee.
- Pre-selection: The candidates who meets the minimum requirements will be contacted for an interview for assessing her/him skills.
- Selection: assessment of the preselected candidates by scoring based on objective criteria.
- Final decision: in case of finding the suitable person, the election will be formally communicated to him/her.