Sr Unity3D Engineer for graphics project<![CDATA[Project motivation The goal of this project is to explore the emerging field at the intersection of autonomous systems, simulation, and synthetic environments. Some examples of these systems are self-driving cars, drones, intelligent robotic arms, etc. Given the complexity of designing, developing and verifying Autonomous Systems, and the safety concerns associated with their deployment in the real world, simulation has become a core component. The use of simulation and synthetic environments is critical for the verification of AS, before moving to the real-world testing and deployment stages. Simulation also plays an important role in early stages of development, helping in the training of the deep learning models, which govern AS behaviors and understanding capabilities. The Computer Vision Center is one of the world pioneers in the development of simulation environments applied to Autonomous Systems, having created some of the most successful platforms, such as SYNTHIA (https://synthia-dataset.net/) and CARLA (http://carla.org). We are currently looking for a talented Sr software engineer with vast experience in Unity3D to work on the next generation of simulation tools. You must have strong software engineering skills, experience in the Git workflow, in addition to a very solid understanding of Unity3D and some knowledge of physically-based materials and/or path-tracing software (e.g. Octane, Arnold, Vray, Cycles, etc.). You will be working with a multidisciplinary team of engineers, artists, machine learning scientists, computer vision researchers and autonomous driving personnel from all over the world. You will sync frequently with the team through video calls.
Mandatory skill requirements
- Strong software engineering experience, C# programming experience
- Experience developing in Windows environments
- Experience in open-source tools, especially GitHub.
- Good communication skills and teamwork. Self-organized and proactive attitude.
- Good knowledge of algebra and geometry (3D transformations, etc.)
- Experience in Unity3D (programming)
- English fluency
Highly valuable skills
- Experience in physically-based materials and/or path-tracing software (i.e. Octane).
- Experience in Python programming.
- Experience in programming Computer Graphics algorithms
- Experience in procedural generation of environments
- Starting date: Immediately
- 1-year contract, possibility of extension
- Salary according to labor category
Application and criteria:
- Admission of candidates: applicants must submit their curriculum vitae through CVC online form in this link, indicating offer code: 20210412_Unity3D
- Pre-selection: determination of compliance with the minimum requirements of the offer.
- Selection: assessment of the preselected candidates by scoring based on objective criteria.
- Final decision: in case of finding the suitable person, the election will be formally communicated to him/her.
Application deadline: 22 April 2021