Software engineer junior positionAbout CVC: The Computer Vision Center (CVC) is a non-profit research center established in 1995 by the Generalitat de Catalunya and the Universitat Autònoma de Barcelona (UAB). Its mission is to carry out cutting-edge research that has the highest international impact in the field of computer vision. It also promotes the transference of knowledge to industry and society. Computer vision is an exciting research area and an omnipresent technology, essentially empowering machines with the sense of vision. The CVC is a successful marriage between knowledge and innovation. In addition to our cutting-edge scientific achievements, we have established lasting ties with industrial partners and created several spin-off companies. Research area or group: Pattern Recognition and Document Analysis Group (DAG) Description of group/project: The Pattern Recognition and Document Analysis Group (DAG) of the Computer Vision Center (CVC), Universitat Autònoma de Barcelona (UAB) is a young research group that started its activities in 1997. The DAG has large research and development experience in the following concerns: symbol recognition, indexing and browsing by graphical content, sketchy interfaces, diagrammatic reasoning and visual languages for graphic documents, document image analysis architectures, reading systems for forms and structured documents, camera-based OCR, fingerprint recognition. Main duties:
- Analysis and development of research support software and its dissemination in digital humanities environments.
- Computer Engineering degree
- Essential Knowledge and Professional Experience
- Experience in Android, Python programming
- Experience in Deep Learning (app’s level)
- Experience in Computer Vision, more specifically in pattern recognition and document analysis
- Fluency in English
- The candidate must be an effective communicator, multitask, and work well on collaborative and interdisciplinary designs.
- Ability to think creatively.
- Ability to work independently and make decisions.
- Ability to take initiative, prioritize and work under set deadlines and pressure.
- The position will be located at Computer Vision Center (Campus Universitat Autònoma de Barcelona)
- We offer a full-time contract, a good environment, flexible working hours
- Duration: 5 months (May-September 2021)
- Salary: 1300 euros monthly net
- Starting date: May 3rd 2021
- Pre-selection: determination of compliance with the minimum requirements of the offer.
- Selection: assessment of the preselected candidates by scoring based on objective criteria.
- Potential candidates will be contacted to set up an interview.
This contract will be financed in cooperation with the "Fundación Española para la Ciencia y la Tecnología (FECYT), Ministerio de Ciencia, Innovación y Universidades"