Support technician position
The Computer Vision Center (CVC) is a non-profit research center established in 1995 by the Generalitat de Catalunya and the Universitat Autònoma de Barcelona (UAB). Its mission is to carry out cutting-edge research that has the highest international impact in the field of computer vision. It also promotes the transference of knowledge to industry and society.
Computer vision is an exciting research area and an omnipresent technology, essentially empowering machines with the sense of vision. The CVC is a successful marriage between knowledge and innovation. In addition to our cutting-edge scientific achievements, we have established lasting ties with industrial partners and created several spin-off companies.
Research area or group: MSIAU group (Multi Spectral Image Analysis and Understanding)/BOSSS project (Building Optimized Spectro Selective Systems)
Description of group/project: The MultiSpectral Image Analysis and Understanding group focuses on exploring the use of spectral information complementary to the visible spectrum to develop advanced computer vision systems. Using multi-spectral acquisition systems, the goal is to provide solutions to vision problems which are difficult to solve when faced using conventional cameras.
In the BOSSS project, the group proposes to expand the capabilities of vision systems by expanding their range of spectral sensitivity in a selective and optimized way. The main objective is to develop a methodology to automatically design multisensor / multispectral spectrum-selective vision systems, optimal for the resolution of objective tasks. If the optimal description to solve a problem is determined with current deep learning techniques, our proposal goes further by asking the following question: what spectral sensitivity optimizes the solution to a problem? That is, in the generation of optimal solutions based on vision, we integrate the automatic identification of the areas of the electromagnetic spectrum to be captured, freeing the engineer from performing this task based on his knowledge and intuition.
Context and Mission:
The (MSIAU research group / Computer Vision Center) seeks applications to fill support technician position focused on the generation of multispectral and hyperspectral datasets, either acquired with real cameras or synthetized by means of a simulator. The candidate will also implement an evaluate different band selection algorithms on the generated date.
- Generate hyperspectral dataset with associated 3D information using the cameras of the CVC laboratory Specim FX10 and Kinect (depth sensor)
- Design different 3D outdoor scenes to be processed with the DART simulator, to generate synthetic hyperspectral datasets.
- Develop different semantic segmentation system with an embedded band selection mechanism.
- Computer Science Degree or last course student.
Essential Knowledge and Professional Experience:
- Experience in the generation of images with the DART simulator.
- Experience in the Tensorflow/Pytorch deep learning framework
- Experience in hyperspectral image processing.
- Fluency in English. Knowledge of Spanish or Catalan will be well appreciated
- The candidate must be an effective communicator, multitask, and work well on collaborative and interdisciplinary designs.
- Ability to think creatively.
- Ability to work independently and make decisions.
- Ability to take initiative, prioritize and work under set deadlines and pressure.
- The position will be located at Computer Vision Center (Campus Universitat Autònoma de Barcelona)
- We offer a part-time contract (6h per day), a good environment, flexible working hours
- Duration: 3 months (June 15th – September 15th 2021)
- Salary: 12.859,20 euros gross per year
- Starting date: June 15th 2021
Applicants must submit their curriculum vitae through the application online form, indicating offer code: 030620212_BOSSS_001
- Pre-selection: determination of compliance with the minimum requirements of the offer.
- Selection: assessment of the preselected candidates by scoring based on objective criteria.
- Potential candidates will be contacted to set up an interview.
Application Deadline: 13 June 2021
This contract will be financed by: FEDER/Ministerio de Ciencia, Innovación y Universidades – Agencia Estatal de Investigación/ TIN2017-89723-P