ICDAR2021 Conference (5-10 September)
The 16th International Conference on Document Analysis and Recognition, (ICDAR 2021), will be held at Lausanne (Switzerland) with a hybrid format (onsite and online) from 5th to 10th September.
This year’s utter programme is composed of top-notch oral sessions, workshops and competitions, among others, in which a large number of CVC researchers are participating. It is worth noting that the main conference will take place from 8th to 10th September. We detail CVC participation hereafter:
- Josep Lladós, Program Committee Chair
- Alicia Fornés, Tutorials Chair
- Sanket Biswas, Pau Riba, Josep Llados and Umapada Pal. “Beyond Document Object Detection: Instance-Level Segmentation of Complex Layouts”. Oral session 2 (Wednesday, September 8th. 11:00 – 12:40h)
- Minesh Mathew, Lluis Gomez, Dimosthenis Karatzas and C V Jawahar. “Asking Questions on Handwritten Document Collections”. Oral session 2 (Wednesday, September 8th. 11:00 – 12:40h)
- GREC (Session 1: Handwritten Graphics. Sunday, September 5th, 11:20-11:30h)
Albert Suso, Pau Riba, Oriol Ramos and Josep Lladós. “A Self-Supervised Inverse Graphics Approach for Sketch Parametrization”
- GREC (Session 3: Handwritten Text and Annotations. Sunday, September 5th, 16:10-16:20h)
Pau Torras, Mohamed Ali Souibgui, Jialuo Chen and Alicia Fornés. “A Transcription Is All You Need: Learning to Align through Attention”
- GLESDO (Sunday, September 5th, 16:35-16:55h)
Sanket Biswas, Pau Riba, Josep Lladós and Umapada Pal. “Graph-based Deep Generative Modelling for Document Layout Generation”
- Rubèn Tito, Minesh Mathew, C.V. Jawahar, Ernest Valveny and Dimosthenis Karatzas, “ICDAR 2021 Competition on Document Visual Question Answering”
- Session 1 (Thursday, September 9th, 8:30-10h). Track: NLP for document understanding
Rubèn Pérez Tito, Dimosthenis Karatzas, and Ernest Valveny. “Document Collection Visual Question Answering”
- Session 1 (Thursday, September 9th, 8:30-10h). Track: Document analysis for social good
Adrià Molina, Pau Riba, Lluis Gomez, Oriol Ramos-Terrades, and Josep Lladós. “Date Estimation in the Wild of Scanned Historical Photos: An Image Retrieval Approach”
- Session 1 (Thursday, September 9th, 8:30-10h). Track: Indexing and retrieval of documents
Pau Riba, Adrià Molina Rodríguez, Lluis Gomez, Oriol Ramos-Terrades, and Josep Lladós. “Learning to Rank Words: Optimizing Ranking Metrics for Word Spotting”
- Session 2 (Thursday, September 9th, 10:30-12h). Track: Document synthesis
Sanket Biswas, Pau Riba, Josep Lladós, and Umapada Pal. “DocSynth: A Layout Guided Approach for Controllable Document Image Synthesis”
Workshops (pre-conference September 5th -7th):
Sunday, September 5th CVC researcher Pau Riba will be the chair of the Keynote talk and session 1, and Alicia Fornes will be the chair of the General Discussion 2. In addition, two CVC papers will be presented in session 1, Handwritten Graphics and session 3, Handwritten Text and Annotations.
- 1st Graph Representation Learning for Scanned Document Analysis Workshop, GLESDO
Sunday, September 5th (Half-Day)
CVC paper “Graph-based Deep Generative Modelling for Document Layout Generation” by Sanket Biswas, Pau Riba, Josep Lladós and Umapada Pal, will be presented at 16.35h.
Monday, September 6th (Half-Day)
CVC researchers Ruben Perez and Dimosthenis Karatzas participate as co-organizers.
Tuesday, September 7th
CVC researchers Alicia Fornés and Dimosthenis Karatzas participate as co-organizers.
In addition, several CVC researchers are taking part in the Doctoral Consortium, a satelite event to the ICDAR main conference, (Tuesday, September 7th, 14:00 – 17:30h) as mentors; Josep Lladós, Dimosthenis Karatzas and Oriol Ramos Terrades, and others as PhD participants; Sanket Biswas and Rubèn Pérez Tito.
Finally, it should be noted the participation of the CVC director Josep Lladós in the Editorial of this IJDAR special issue paper: “Advanced Topics in Document Analysis and Recognition”.