Research Fellow position for Learning and Machine Perception Team
The Computer Vision Center (CVC) is a non-profit research center established in 1995 by the Generalitat de Catalunya and the Universitat Autònoma de Barcelona (UAB). Its mission is to carry out cutting-edge research that has the highest international impact in the field of computer vision. It also promotes the transference of knowledge to industry and society.
Computer vision is an exciting research area and an omnipresent technology, essentially empowering machines with the sense of vision. The CVC is a successful marriage between knowledge and innovation. In addition to our cutting-edge scientific achievements, we have established lasting ties with industrial partners and created several spin-off companies.
Research area or group: Learning and Machine Perception Team
Description of group/project:
The Learning and Machine Perception (LAMP) team at the Computer Vision Center conducts fundamental research and technology transfer in the field of machine learning for semantic understanding of visual data. The group works with a wide variety of visual data sources: from multispectral, medical imagery and consumer camera images, to live webcam streams and video data. The returning objective is the design of efficient and accurate algorithm for the automatic extraction of semantic information
Context and Mission:
The Learning and Machine Perception Team seeks applications to fill a research fellow position focused on continual learning of hierarchical representations.
- Analyze the state-of-the-art on the subject. Both the subject of hierarchical classification and continual learning.
- Implement and evaluate new approaches that allow to combine the theory of both fields.
- Prepare publication based on the results.
- Master degree in computer science or similar study.
- Essential Knowledge and Professional Experience
- Deep learning
- Phytorch or similar library.
- Knowledge of continual learning is a plus
- Fluency in English
- The candidate must be an effective communicator, multitask, and work well on collaborative and interdisciplinary designs.
- Ability to think creatively.
- Ability to work independently and make decisions.
- Ability to take initiative, prioritize and work under set deadlines and pressure.
- The position will be located at Computer Vision Center (Campus Universitat Autònoma de Barcelona)
- We offer a full-time contract, a good environment, flexible working hours
- Duration: one year
- Salary: around 1300 euros NET monthly
- Starting date: September 2021
Applicants must submit their curriculum vitae through the application online form, indicating offer code: 06092021_PREDOC_LAMP
- Pre-selection: determination of compliance with the minimum requirements of the offer.
- Selection: assessment of the preselected candidates by scoring based on objective criteria.
- Potential candidates will be contacted to set up an interview.
Application Deadline: September 20, 2021