Business Development and Tech Transfer Officer
The Knowledge and Technology Transfer Unit (KTT) of CVC supports researchers in the process of valorisation and commercialization of technologies.
The KTT team leads negotiations with public and private companies to establish new collaborations, identifying business opportunities and other initiatives where CVC researchers can combine real-world business challenges The KTT team actively participates in relevant industry conferences and meetings, regional technology clusters, and is formed by a team of professionals that combine understanding of technology with business insight, and a broad professional network that allows them to identify the best route to the market.
We are looking for a Junior Technology Transfer Officer to expand our team and support key activities within the Unit.
The Technology Transfer officer would support the activities of the project PDC2021-121512-I00 / AEI / 10.13039/501100011033, co-funded by the Recovery and Resilience Facility of the EU.
Her/his main tasks will be:
– Getting an insight into current trends and potential applications of assigned technologies in different markets.
– Mapping markets of interest and profiling potential partners, identifying project leads and verifying industry needs.
– Support to the promotion of CVC technologies through the different dissemination channels and interaction with agents who can be potential partners- from private and public companies.
– Support the organisation of public events that serve to drive the marketing and commercialisation of assigned technologies.
– Ability to work effectively with different kinds of communities with different norms and communication styles.
– Identify potential users of the assigned technologies and support the preparation of different documents and material to approach them.
– Support during the process of IP evaluation and protection, joining researchers during meetings with IP specialist and giving feedback on the best protection strategy.
– University degree and/or master in engineering and/or business (with at least 2 years of experience in technology transfer and marketing of innovations).
– 1-2 years of experience in research/business management and tech transfer.
– Creativity, curiosity and humbleness.
– Display organizational, interpersonal, time management and communication skills.
– Be professional, approachable and confident in sharing ideas.
– A team player with a CAN-DO attitude.
Proficient in written and oral English.
– The position will be located at Computer Vision Center (Campus Universitat Autònoma de Barcelona)
– We offer a full-time contract, a good environment, flexible working hours
– Duration: according to the project (12 months at a minimum)
– Salary: 25.000 euros annual gross
– Starting date: ASAP
Application deadline: January 30, 2022
Applicants must submit their curriculum vitae through the CVC website online form, indicating offer code*: 20211222_PoC_KTT
*Important! It is imperative to indicate offer code, otherwise application might not be processed.
1. Pre-selection: determination of compliance with the minimum requirements of the offer.
2. Selection: assessment of the preselected candidates by scoring based on objective criteria.
3. Potential candidates will be contacted to set up an interview.
CVC’s Open, Transparent and Merit-based (OTM-R) Recruitment process
CVC’s approach to recruitment is based on a transparent merit-based approach. Job offers are publicly posted in our web site and for the suitable positions they can also be found in the CVC Euraxess web profile . The general guidelines are stated in the CVC-OTM-R Recruitment Process document.