Researcher position in Computer Vision at CVC’s Vision and Language Group
The Computer Vision Center (CVC) is a public research center located in Barcelona, Spain. The CVC is an international reference in the field of computer vision and has an intensive activity in knowledge transfer. It recently ranked as a Q1 research institution by SciMago, at the top 100 government institutions worldwide.
With a staff of over 150 researchers and support personnel, the CVC has excellent research production and an outstanding technology transfer record.
The successful candidate will be joining the Vision and Language Group, a vibrant group of researchers at the CVC with more than two decades of experience in research.
The Vision and Language Group conducts research at the frontier between computer vision and natural language processing. The group has a special focus on incorporating intelligent reading systems to multi-modal models for scene understanding. The research activities of the group cover captioning, visual question answering, cross-modal retrieval, fine-grained classification and document intelligence.
Context and Mission:
The Vision and Language Group at the Computer Vision Center (Barcelona, Spain) wishes to add a research assistant to its staff.
The successful candidate will work on new research projects of the group focusing on cross-modal retrieval and multimodal models for computer vision.
– Perform research on multimodal models, optimally combining textual and visual information to solve real-life problems
– Co-supervise MSc students on relevant topics
– Prepare project reports on research progress
– Produce high-impact scientific publications and present work in international forums
– MSc degree in computer vision, computer science, computer engineering or related subject
– Preferably PhD degree in computer vision or related subject
– Previous experience in developing deep neuronal network models for computer vision and/or natural language processing
– Fluency in English
– Be a motivated, dynamic person with high communication capacities.
– Workplace: Cerdanyola del Vallès (Campus of the Autonomous University of Barcelona)
– Full-time contract
– Flexible working hours, which enables to conciliate work and personal life. On-site work 3 days a week so as to coordinate with the rest of the team.
Applications Procedure: Applicants must submit their curriculum vitae through CVC webpage online form, indicating this offer code: 20221801_CV_VL
*Important: it is imperative to indicate offer code; otherwise, application might not be processed.
1. Pre-selection: determination of compliance with the minimum requirements of the offer.
2. Selection: assessment of the preselected candidates by scoring based on objective criteria.
3. Potential candidates will be contacted to set up an interview.
Application deadline: January 31, 2022
This contract may be co-funded by the Recovery and Resilience Facility of the EU in the frame of the project PDC2021-121512-I00 / AEI / 10.13039/501100011033.