Junior 3D Artist position
The Computer Vision Center (CVC) is a non-profit research center established in 1995 by the Generalitat de Catalunya and the Universitat Autònoma de Barcelona (UAB). Its mission is to carry out cutting-edge research that has the highest international impact in the field of computer vision. It also promotes the transference of knowledge to industry and society.
One of the fields in which CVC works is the automatic generation of photo-realistic dynamic scenarios by using professional frameworks which support this task (e.g., UE4). The position here offered is related to this field. We look for a junior 3D artist with a reasonable background in the creation of 3D digital content for photorealistic but real-time rendering, assuming indoor scenarios for training and testing indoor robotic navigation capabilities.
Research area or group: Advanced Driver Assistance Systems (ADAS)
- Creation of photorealistic 3D textured indoor materials and assets to be consumed in UE4, enabling real-time simulations of robotic indoor navigation.
- Optimize models and textures to meet the specifications set by the Lead Artist
- Participate in art reviews and respond to critical feedback in a professional manner
Requirements (must have):
- Experience with software for 3D art generation (e.g., Maya, Blender, 3ds Max).
- Experience with Substance Painter.
- Experience with Adobe Package.
- Good communication skills and teamwork habits.
- Good reading level of technical documents in English.
- Note that we seek for a junior or student level candidate, we are not offering a position for more senior 3D artists.
Requirements (good to have):
- UE4 blueprint experience.
- The position will be located at Computer Vision Center (Campus Universitat Autònoma de Barcelona), although distance-work hybrid system could be negotiated.
- We offer a full-time contract (37,5h/week), a good environment, flexible working hours
- Duration: 12 months minimum
- Salary: to be negotiated, according to CVC labor categories
- Starting date: as soon as possible.
Applications procedure and process
- All applications must include a full CV in English including contact details.
- IMPORTANT: If you have any problem with the form below, please send your CV to email@example.com, indicating the offer reference (20220712_3D_ARTIST) in the subject line.
The vacancy will remain open until suitable candidate has been hired. Applications will be regularly reviewed and potential candidates will be contacted.
OTM-R principles for selection processes
The CVC is committed to Open Transparent and Merit-based Recruitment (OTM-R) for any potential candidate in all our processes. In 2015 we received the Human Resources Strategy for Researchers (HRS4R) award. Through an extensive and continuous process, we improve the conditions and opportunities at CVC. With these actions, the CVC is committed to the principles of the European Charter for Researchers, as well as the Code of Conduct for the Recruitment of Researchers.
For more information follow this link