Software engineer junior position
The Computer Vision Center (CVC) is a non-profit research center established in 1995 by the Generalitat de Catalunya and the Universitat Autònoma de Barcelona (UAB). Its mission is to carry out cutting-edge research that has the highest international impact in the field of computer vision. It also promotes the transference of knowledge to industry and society.
Computer vision is an exciting research area and an omnipresent technology, essentially empowering machines with the sense of vision. The CVC is a successful marriage between knowledge and innovation. In addition to our cutting-edge scientific achievements, we have established lasting ties with industrial partners and created several spin-off companies.
Research area or group: Vision and Language
Context and Mission:
The Vision and Language research group seeks applications to fill a software engineer junior position to work on novel applications in the area of Fake News detection. The successful candidate will be expected to design and train deep learning models that combine visual and textual information to extract useful information from multimodal publications in support to an integrated solution for hate speech detection that will be developed within a larger consortium.
This position is linked to REMISS research project (ref.: PLEC2021-007850), funded through R&D&I Projects Strategic Lines 2021 call of the State Research Agency (Ministry of Science and Innovation) and the European Union NextGenerationEU / PRTR.
- Data collection and annotation
- Design and training of Deep learning models
- Report writing
- Participation in consortium meetings
- BSc in Computer Science, Mathematics, Data Engineering, AI or similar topic
- Essential Knowledge and Professional Experience
- Machine Learning / Deep Learning methods
- Prior experience in Document Analysis, Image analysis or Natural Language Processing
- Good written and oral communication skills in English, Spanish and Catalan is required.
- The candidate must be an effective communicator, multitask, and work well on collaborative and interdisciplinary designs.
- Ability to think creatively.
- Ability to work independently and make decisions.
- Ability to take initiative, prioritize and work under set deadlines and pressure.
- Highly valuable skills
- Previous experience with the PyTorch Deep Learning framework
- The position will be located at Computer Vision Center (Campus Universitat Autònoma de Barcelona)
- We offer a full-time contract, a good environment, flexible working hours
- Duration: 12 months
- Salary: 17,000 EUR gross per annum
- Starting date: 5/9/2022
Applications procedure and process:
- All applications must include a full CV in English including contact details.
- IMPORTANT: If you have any problem with the form below, please send your CV to email@example.com, indicating the offer reference (20220712_REMISS_DL_ENG) in the subject line.
Deadline: July 24th 2022
OTM-R principles for selection processes
The CVC is committed to Open Transparent and Merit-based Recruitment (OTM-R) for any potential candidate in all our processes. In 2015 we received the Human Resources Strategy for Researchers (HRS4R) award. Through an extensive and continuous process, we improve the conditions and opportunities at CVC. With these actions, the CVC is committed to the principles of the European Charter for Researchers, as well as the Code of Conduct for the Recruitment of Researchers.
For more information follow this link
Este contrato es parte del proyecto de I+D+i PLEC2021-007850 financiado por MCIN/AEI /10.13039/501100011033 y por la Unión Europea NextGenerationEU/ PRTR