Computer Vision Engineer / Scientist for Coeli-IA project
The Computer Vision Center (CVC) is a public research center located in Barcelona, Spain. The CVC is an international reference in the field of computer vision and has an intensive activity in knowledge transfer. It recently ranked as a Q1 research institution by SciMago, at the top 100 government institutions worldwide.
With a staff of over 150 researchers and support personnel, the CVC has excellent research production and an outstanding technology transfer record.
The successful candidate will be joining the Colei-IA project team. This position is linked to the INNOTEC project Coeli-IA (ref. ACE034/21/000087).
Coeli-IA is a project that aims to create disruptive technology for automatic cataloguing and multimodal search for content in cultural heritage collections. Through the latest advances in Deep Learning, the aim is to develop technology to facilitate the general public's access to the contents of the GLAM sector (acronym for galleries, libraries, archives, and museums). And at the same time be able to help experts in the tasks of classification, annotation and indexing of new data.
● Research and develop new models for image tagging/classification and cross-modal retrieval tailored to our industry partner's needs. These models include state of the art Convolutional Neural Networks (CNNs), Transformers, etc.
● Collaborate with a multidisciplinary team of engineers, machine learning scientists, and computer vision researchers. You will have to attend meetings with our industry partner to come up with solutions to their needs.
● Prepare project reports on R+D progress.
● Bachelor’s degree or equivalent practical experience.
● 3 years of software development experience, or 1 year with a relevant advanced degree.
● Experience in applied machine learning or artificial intelligence.
● Experience with Python programming language.
● Master's degree or PhD in Computer Science, Artificial Intelligence, Machine Learning, or related technical field.
● Experience with Convolutional Neural Networks for image classification, tagging, content based retrieval or similar.
● Experience with relevant technologies (e.g., Pytorch, TensorFlow, machine learning libraries, etc.).
· This position will be located at Computer Vision Center (Campus Universitat Autònoma de Barcelona).
· Full-time preferred, but also part-time can be considered.
· Good environment, flexible working hours, partial distance work system.
· Starting date: October 2022
· Duration: temporary, according to the project
· Salary: we offer a competitive salary, according to candidate’s aptitude and experience and in the framework of CVC labor categories
Applications procedure and process:
- All applications must send a full CV in English including contact details through the online form.
Submission deadline: The vacancy will remain open until a suitable candidate has been hired. Applications will be regularly reviewed and potential candidates will be contacted.
OTM-R principles for selection processes
The CVC is committed to Open Transparent and Merit-based Recruitment (OTM-R) for any potential candidate in all our processes. In 2015 we received the Human Resources Strategy for Researchers (HRS4R) award. Through an extensive and continuous process, we improve the conditions and opportunities at CVC. With these actions, the CVC is committed to the principles of the European Charter for Researchers, as well as the Code of Conduct for the Recruitment of Researchers.
For more information follow this link
Amb el suport de: