Engineer in Machine Learning position
The Computer Vision Center (CVC) is a non-profit research center established in 1995 by the Generalitat de Catalunya and the UniversitatAutònoma de Barcelona (UAB). Its mission is to carry out cutting-edge research that has the highest international impact in the field of computer vision. It also promotes the transference of knowledge to industry and society.
Computer vision is an exciting research area and an omnipresent technology, essentially empowering machines with the sense of vision. The CVC is a successful marriage between knowledge and innovation. In addition to our cutting-edge scientific achievements, we have established lasting ties with industrial partners and created several spin-off companies.
Research area or group
Learning and Machine Perception Group (LAMP)
Context and Mission
The LAMP group in the Computer Vision Center seeks applications to fill an Engineer position focused on generative models for videos.
· Implementation of generative models for image to video generation
· Present work on bi-weekly basis with industrial partner
· Participate in publication of the results
o Master degree in Computer Science Field
· Essential Knowledge and Professional Experience
o Experience with deep learning and Pytorch
o Languages: English
o The candidate must be an effective communicator, multitask, and work well on collaborative and interdisciplinary designs.
o Ability to think creatively.
o Ability to work independently and make decisions.
o Ability to take initiative, prioritize and work under set deadlines and pressure.
Highly valuable skills
· Prior knowledge with generative models (possibly diffusion models)
· Prior knowledge on writing scientific publications
· The position will be located at Computer Vision Center (Campus Universitat Autònoma de Barcelona).
· We offer a full-time contract, a good environment, flexible working hours.
· Duration: 3 months
· Salary: we offer a competitive salary, according to the candidate’s aptitude and experience, in the framework of CVC labor categories
· Starting date: 1st November 2022
Applications procedure and process
- All application must include a full CV in English including contact details.
Deadline: 27th October 2022
OTM-R principles for selection processes
The CVC is committed to Open Transparent and Merit-based Recruitment (OTM-R) for any potential candidate in all our processes. In 2015 we received the Human Resources Strategy for Researchers (HRS4R) award. Through an extensive and continuous process, we improve the conditions and opportunities at CVC. With these actions, the CVC is committed to the principles of the European Charter for Researchers, as well as the Code of Conduct for the Recruitment of Researchers.
For more information follow this link