Simulation Team Junior 3D Artist position
The Computer Vision Center (CVC) is a non-profit research center established in 1995 by the Generalitat de Catalunya and the UniversitatAutònoma de Barcelona (UAB). Its mission is to carry out cutting-edge research that has the highest international impact in the field of computer vision. It also promotes the transference of knowledge to industry and society.
Computer vision is an exciting research area and an omnipresent technology, essentially empowering machines with the sense of vision. The CVC is a successful marriage between knowledge and innovation. In addition to our cutting-edge scientific achievements, we have established lasting ties with industrial partners and created several spin-off companies.
Research area or group
Autonomous Driving (ADAS)
Context and Mission
The Autonomous Driving group in the Computer Vision Center seeks applications to fill a junior 3D artist position for the project CARLA SIMULATOR https://carla.org/
- Understand the project requirements and develop high-quality 3D models accordingly.
- Creation of 3D models that are cleanly modelled, organised workflows files, well presented and defined from initial blockout through to final model & maps.
- Switching quickly and fluidly to new requirements and processes when required.
- Implement in UE4 3D assets.
Job knowledge, skills and experience
Candidate must have the knowledge and/or experience in:
- +1 year experience modelling in Maya, or related experience/software
- 3D modelling package (Maya Preferred), Photoshop, Substance Suite, Zbrush.
- Strong polygonal modelling skills, creating clean and efficient geometry quickly.
- CARLA simulator and PBR environments assets development.
- Good positive attitude and outlook, self-motivated, and great team-player.
- Receptive to taking feedback and working together with teammates.
- Linux, Windows environment.
- Multicultural and multidisciplinary teamwork, fluent in English.
Highly valuable skills
Candidates with the following knowledge and/or experience will be evaluated positively, but are not mandatory:
- Experience with rendering
- Experience with UE4
- Development in similar environments
- The position will be located at Computer Vision Center (Campus Universitat Autònoma de Barcelona).
- We offer a full-time contract, a good environment, and flexible working hours.
- Duration: Open-ended contract due to technical and scientific activities linked to the project and budget duration.
- Salary: we offer a competitive salary, according to the candidate’s qualifications and experience, in the framework of CVC labor categories
- Starting date: ASAP
Applications procedure and process
All applications must include a full CV in English including contact details and must be sent through the online form at the end of this offer.
Submission deadline: November 18th 2022
OTM-R principles for selection processes
The CVC is committed to Open Transparent and Merit-based Recruitment (OTM-R) for any potential candidate in all our processes. In 2015 we received the Human Resources Strategy for Researchers (HRS4R) award. Through an extensive and continuous process, we improve the conditions and opportunities at CVC. With these actions, the CVC is committed to the principles of the European Charter for Researchers, as well as the Code of Conduct for the Recruitment of Researchers.
For more information follow this link