Technical 3D Artist for CARLA, the Open-Source Autonomous Driving Simulator
CARLA (http://carla.org) is an internationally recognized project that brings the state of the art in autonomous driving simulation to the world. CARLA started in 2016 as an open-source project sponsored by Intel and developed at the Computer Vision Center (Barcelona, Spain). Since then, CARLA has become the top-one open-source simulator for autonomous driving, used and supported by international organizations such as Intel, Toyota Research Institute, GM, Futurewai, and NVIDIA. Our simulator is built upon Unreal Engine 4 and through this project we aim to democratize and standardize the development and verification of AI agents in the field of autonomous vehicles. We look to provide society with the right tool to boost progress in this critical field, bringing this technology to the masses. That is why CARLA is, and will always be, developed and released under the open-source paradigm (all our code and assets). Since the project has attracted a high attention from both academia and industry, we keep focus on improving current functionalities and adding completely new ones.
● Work within a team of technical artists and programmers to develop 3D assets aiming at reaching the right trade-off between visual quality and rendering performance
● Contributing on the development and improvement of workflows for producing 3D assets
● Participate in art reviews and react to critical feedback in a professional manner
Requirements (must have):
● Experience with UE4
● Experience prototyping with blueprints
● Experience generating complex shaders
● Good communication skills and teamwork habits
● Good reading level of technical documents in English
Requirements (good to have):
● Experience with software for 3D art generation (e.g., Maya, Blender, 3ds Max)
● Experience with Substance Painter
● Experience with Adobe Package
● Experience with Python
● Start date: as soon as possible.
● Full time open-ended technical and scientific activities contract linked to the project and budget duration.
● Salary: to be negotiated according to the qualifications and experience of the candidate.
Interested people must send a full CV in English including contact details through the online form found at the end of the offer. If you are interested in this position and need further information, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
This call will remain open until a suitable candidate is selected.
OTM-R principles for selection processes:
The CVC is committed to Open Transparent and Merit-based Recruitment (OTM-R) for any potential candidate in all our processes. In 2015 we received the Human Resources Strategy for Researchers (HRS4R) award. Through an extensive and continuous process, we improve the conditions and opportunities at CVC. With these actions, the CVC is committed to the principles of the European Charter for Researchers, as well as the Code of Conduct for the Recruitment of Researchers. For more information follow this link.
In reference to Article 121 (Personnel Regulations) of the Public Sector Procedures Law 40/2015, dated 1 October 2015, candidates from the Generalitat de Catalunya and the Universitat Autònoma de Barcelona, as entities of the consortium, will have preference.