Computer Science Engineer for support in a research project
The Computer Vision Center (CVC) is a non-profit research center established in 1995 by the Generalitat de Catalunya and the Universitat Autònoma de Barcelona (UAB). Its mission is to carry out cutting-edge research that has the highest international impact in the field of computer vision. It also promotes the transference of knowledge to industry and society.
Computer vision is an exciting research area and an omnipresent technology, essentially empowering machines with the sense of vision. The CVC is a successful marriage between knowledge and innovation. In addition to our cutting-edge scientific achievements, we have established lasting ties with industrial partners and created several spin-off companies.
Research area or group
The candidate will join the Interactive and Augmented Modelling group (IAM). The IAM group is a research project field of the Computer Vision Centre. Our work is focused on developing mathematical tools, and interactive and augmented reality visualization environments. The main application field is biomedical image processing.
The group is a multidisciplinary team (including mathematicians and computer science engineers) specialized in the treatment and analysis of biomedical images. This team uses graphics techniques and mathematical models for the visualization and modelling of anatomic and biological structures for a better clinical diagnosis.
CONTEXT AND MISSION
The IAM group seeks applications to fill a Computer Science Engineer for support to the research in the PEARSON project [deeP lEarning AlgoRithmS in the diagnosis of adenomas and early colorectal cancer (PEARSON)], a collaborative project with Fundació Josep Carreras and Hospital Clínic of Barcelona focused on the development of DL algorithms for the analysis of histopathological digital of colon cancer resections to find a new biomarker with which to stratify the risk of lymph node involvement at the time of the endoscopic resection to decide the best treatment.
● Fine-tune, train and test pre-trained models
● Managing the annotated data set provided by Clinic
● Help in the design and validation of new architectures
● Publishing the dataset on a public web platform
Job knowledge, skills and experience
Candidates must have knowledge and/or experience in:
● AI methods in biomedical applications
● DL methods
● Analysis of Medical Images
● Programming in Python, Matlab
● The candidate must be an effective communicator, multitask, and work well on collaborative and interdisciplinary designs
● Ability to think creatively, work independently and make decisions
● Ability to take initiative, prioritize and work under set deadlines and pressure
Highly valuable skills
Candidates with the following knowledge and/or experience will be evaluated positively, but are not mandatory:
● Good level of English
● The position will be located at Computer Vision Center (Campus Universitat Autònoma de Barcelona)
● We offer a part-time temporary contract, a good environment, flexible working hours
● Duration: one year
● Salary in accordance with qualifications and experience of the candidate and to CVCs salary regulations
● Starting date: April 2023
Applications procedure and process
● All applications must include a full CV in English including contact details
Deadline April 7, 2023
OTM-R principles for selection processes
The CVC is committed to Open Transparent and Merit-based Recruitment (OTM-R) for any potential candidate in all our processes. In 2015 we received the Human Resources Strategy for Researchers (HRS4R) award. Through an extensive and continuous process, we improve the conditions and opportunities at CVC. With these actions, the CVC is committed to the principles of the European Charter for Researchers, as well as the Code of Conduct for the Recruitment of Researchers. For more information follow this link.
In reference to Article 121 (Personnel Regulations) of the Public Sector Procedures Law 40/2015, dated 1 October 2015, candidates from the Generalitat de Catalunya and the Universitat Autònoma de Barcelona, as entities of the consortium, will have preference.
En referència a l’Artícle 121 de la Llei 40/2015, d'1 d'octubre, de Règim Jurídic del Sector Públic, de règim de personal, tindran preferència les candidatures provinents de l'administració de la Generalitat de Catalunya i de la UAB com a entitats consorciades.