Research Engineer position
The Computer Vision Center (CVC) is a non-profit research center established in 1995 by the Generalitat de Catalunya and the Universitat Autònoma de Barcelona (UAB). Its mission is to carry out cutting-edge research that has the highest international impact in the field of computer vision. It also promotes the transference of knowledge to industry and society. Computer vision is an exciting research area and an omnipresent technology, essentially empowering machines with the sense of vision. The CVC is a successful marriage between knowledge and innovation. In addition, we have established lasting ties with industrial partners and created several spin-off companies.
The position is linked to a National Project: the “Knowledge Transfer for Deep Representations” (DeepTR), funded by Ministerio de Ciencia, Innovación y Univerisades. The project covers research topics that include transfer learning, continual learning and domain adaptation with deep neural networks with a focus on visual data.
Research area or group
The Learning and Machine Perception (LAMP) group: The Learning and Machine Perception (LAMP) group at the Computer Vision Center performs fundamental research and technology transfer in the field of machine learning for semantic visual data understanding. The group works with a wide variety of visual data sources: from multispectral, medical imagery and consumer camera images, to live webcam streams and video data. The returning objective is the design of efficient and accurate algorithm for the automatic extraction of semantic information from visual media.
Context and Mission
The LAMP research group (at the Computer Vision Center) seeks applications to fill a engineer positionfocused on the implementation of continual learning algorithms in Pytorch.
- Implementation of algorithms for FACIL framework for continual learning (open-source code)
- Run evaluation of newly added code, and analyze results.
- Optimize code based on findings of the previous analyses. Assist in the preparation of publication of the result.
Job knowledge, skills and experience
Candidates must have knowledge and/or experience in:
- Implementation of deep learning algorithms
- Prior experience with Pytorch library
- The candidate must be an effective communicator, multitask, and work well on collaborative and interdisciplinary designs.
- Ability to think creatively, work independently and make decisions.
- Ability to take initiative, prioritize and work under set deadlines and pressure.
Highly valuable skills
Candidates with the following knowledge and/or experience will be evaluated positively, but are not mandatory:
- Prior knowledge of continual learning
- Prior knowledge of transfer learning
- The position will be located at Computer Vision Center (Campus Universitat Autònoma de Barcelona).
- We offer a full-time contract, a good environment, flexible working hours
- Duration: 12 months
- Salary in accordance with qualifications and experience of the candidate and to CVCs salary regulations.
- Starting date: 02/05/2023
Applications procedure and process: All applications must include a full CV in English and must be sent through the online form at the end of this offer.
OTM-R principles for selection processes
The CVC is committed to Open Transparent and Merit-based Recruitment (OTM-R) for any potential candidate in all our processes. In 2015 we received the Human Resources Strategy for Researchers (HRS4R) award. Through an extensive and continuous process, we improve the conditions and opportunities at CVC. With these actions, the CVC is committed to the principles of the European Charter for Researchers, as well as the Code of Conduct for the Recruitment of Researchers. For more information follow this link.
Project PID2019-104174GB-I00 funded by MCIN/ AEI/10.13039/501100011033
Project PID2019-104174GB-I00 funded by:
In reference to Article 121 (Personnel Regulations) of the Public Sector Procedures Law 40/2015, dated 1 October 2015, candidates from the Generalitat de Catalunya and the Universitat Autònoma de Barcelona, as entities of the consortium, will have preference.
En referència a l’Artícle 121 de la Llei 40/2015, d'1 d'octubre, de Règim Jurídic del Sector Públic, de règim de personal, tindran preferència les candidatures provinents de l'administració de la Generalitat de Catalunya i de la UAB com a entitats consorciades.