Software Engineer position
The Computer Vision Center (CVC) is a non-profit research centre established in 1995 by the Generalitat de Catalunya and the Universitat Autònoma de Barcelona (UAB). Its mission is to carry out cutting-edge research that has the highest international impact in the field of computer vision. It also promotes the transference of knowledge to industry and society.
Computer vision is an exciting research area and an omnipresent technology, essentially empowering machines with the sense of vision. The CVC is a successful marriage between knowledge and innovation. In addition to our cutting-edge scientific achievements, we have established lasting ties with industrial partners and created several spin-off companies.
Research area or group
Autonomous Driving Research Group
Context and Mission
The Autonomous Driving Research Group seeks applications to fill a Software Engineer position focused on programming of scrips to run driving scenarios in Carla simulator. It also has to be in charge of centralizing the datasets generated in the project and preparing them to be made available to the public.
This position is linked to the Clooning DCB, a National Project funded by Ministerio de Ciencia e Inovación / EU Next Generation / AEI.
- Creating real-time traffic scenarios using scenario runner facility in CARLA simulator.
- Setting up a physical simulation environment where people can drive manually in the defined traffic scenarios in the most realistic form possible that CARLA simulator allows.
- Data collection (from CARLA and from human drivers) during driving simulations.
Requirements – Academic Qualifications
- Master Degree in Engineering (Robotics highly valuable)
Candidates must have knowledge and/or experience in:
- Strong experience on using CARLA and scenario runner to create traffic simulations.
- The candidate must be an effective communicator (Catalan, Spanish, or English), multitask, and work well on collaborative and interdisciplinary designs.
Highly valuable skills
Candidates with the following knowledge and/or experience will be evaluated positively, but are not mandatory:
- Participation in previous projects related to autonomous driving.
- Experience training and testing deep models related to autonomous driving and/or computer vision.
- Know-how on the training of deep models by imitation learning.
- Know-how on explanaibility related topics for deep models.
● The position will be located at Computer Vision Center (Campus Universitat Autònoma de Barcelona)
● We offer a full-time contract (37.5h/week), a good environment, flexible working hours
● Duration: Open-ended contract due to technical and scientific activities linked to the project and budget duration.
● Salary in accordance with qualifications and experience of the candidate and to CVCs salary regulations.
● Starting date: 01/06/2023
If you are interested in this position, please send your full CV in English through the application form.
OTM-R principles for selection processes
The CVC is committed to Open Transparent and Merit-based Recruitment (OTM-R) for any potential candidate in all our processes. In 2015 we received the Human Resources Strategy for Researchers (HRS4R) award. Through an extensive and continuous process, we improve the conditions and opportunities at CVC. With these actions, the CVC is committed to the principles of the European Charter for Researchers, as well as the Code of Conduct for the Recruitment of Researchers. For more information follow this link.
The contract is part of the project TED2021-132802B-I00, funded by MCIN/AEI/10.13039/501100011033 and by the European Union "NextGenerationEU"/PRTR."
In reference to Article 121 (Personnel Regulations) of the Public Sector Procedures Law 40/2015, dated 1 October 2015, candidates from the Generalitat de Catalunya and the Universitat Autònoma de Barcelona, as entities of the consortium, will have preference.
En referència a l’Artícle 121 de la Llei 40/2015, d'1 d'octubre, de Règim Jurídic del Sector Públic, de règim de personal, tindran preferència les candidatures provinents de l'administració de la Generalitat de Catalunya i de la UAB com a entitats consorciades.