Computer Vision has become a worldwide mainstream research area. Catalonia has an extensive community in the field since most of Catalan universities have research groups dedicated to its study and many small and large companies are leading the development of products using these technologies. The aim of this meeting is threefold:
- To strengthen the Catalan academic and industrial computer vision network.
- To disseminate within the community the most relevant works in that network that have already been published abroad.
- To allow students from the Master in CV (MCV) meet with members of the Catalan CV community and prospective employers.
Dates & Venue:
- ACMCV 2016: September 16th, 2016
- Venue: UPC University
- 9:00 h: Reception & Registration
- 9:00 -11:30 h: Master Thesis Presentations
- 10:00 – 12:00 h: Poster Session
- 11:30 h – Coffee Break
- 12:45 h – Best Thesis Project made with MATLAB, handed out by Mathworks
- 12:45 – 13:15 h: Invited Talk 1 – Output embedding for lagre-scale visual recognition – Dr. Florent Perronnin (Xerox / Facebook)
- 13:45 – 14:15 h: Invited Talk 2 – TECNIOspring+ Programme: Tech Transfer through researchers’ mobility – Mireia Fageda (ACCIÓ)
- 14:15 – 15:30 h: Lunch Time
- 15:30 – 16:30 h: Invited Talk 3 – From corporate research to start-ups: chronicles from an ongoing journey – Dr. Luca Marchesotti (Beautifeye)
- 16:30 – 17:30 h: Invited Talk 4 – How to build successful Computer Vision products for global markets. Advice by a seasoned entrepreneur – Dr. Tomasz Adamek (Catchoom)
- 17:30 h: Awards & Closing
- Mastes Thesis Defences | Schedule
- Poster session & papers submission | List of papers presented
- ACMCV 2016 Program | Download the program