Technician position for Hupba Health – Automatic Human Analysis in eHealth and Welfare<![CDATA[The Computer Vision Center (CVC) is a non-profit research center established in 1995 by the Generalitat de Catalunya and the Universitat Autònoma de Barcelona (UAB). Its mission is to carry out cutting-edge research that has the highest international impact in the field of computer vision. It also promotes the transference of knowledge to industry and society. Computer vision is an exciting research area and an omnipresent technology, essentially empowering machines with the sense of vision. The CVC is a successful marriage between knowledge and innovation. In addition to our cutting edge scientific achievements, we have established lasting ties with industrial partners and created several spin-off companies. Human Action/Gesture recognition is a challenging area of research that deals with the problem of recognizing people in images, detecting and describing body parts, inferring their spatial configuration, and performing action/gesture recognition from still images or image sequences. This process may also include multi-modal representations, including signals from wearable devices as well as multi-modal visual representations, such as RGB and Depth data. The Human Pose Recovery and Behavior Analysis (HuPBA) Group main lines of research are: human body pose recovery and face analysis in RGB and multi-modal data representations; Human Behavior Analysis; multi-class classification and learning systems; smart environments and Human Computer Interaction and eHealth intelligent systems. Purpose: The HuPBA research group seeks applications to fill a technician position for the project Automatic Human Analysis in eHealth and Welfare. In this project we aim to analyze multimodal data, mainly coming from different possible biomarkers, in order to perform multi-modal learning of data for early diagnosis and intervention in health scenarios, and in particular in those related to mental disorders, dementia, and alzheimer. Main tasks:
- Parse multi-modal clinical data
- Implement deep learning approaches able to learn from multimodal sources of data, which could be noisy and unsynchronized
- Predict different health conditions and monitor them based on multimodal learning of previous data
- strong programming skills in Python and/or C++,
- knowledge and demonstrable experience with Deep Learning frameworks (Tensorflow, Pytorch, …) and image analysis packages (OpenCV, PIL),
- experience working in Linux computing environments,
- experience in machine learning, GPU programming, distributed data processing systems or high performance computing will be a plus,
- able to work independently as well as within an interdisciplinary team,
- fluent in English. Good communication skills.
- Start date: 1 February 2021
- Six months’ contract
- Salary according to CVC labor categories.
- Admission of candidates: applicants must submit their curriculum vitae through CVC online form in this link, indicating offer code 20210118_Hupba.
- Pre-selection: determination of compliance with the minimum requirements of the offer.
- Selection: assessment of the preselected candidates by scoring based on objective criteria.
- Final decision: in case of finding the suitable person, the election will be formally communicated to him/her.