Simulation Engineer for CARLA
CARLA (http://carla.org) is an internationally recognized project that brings the state of the art in autonomous driving simulation to both industry and academic users. CARLA started in 2016 as an open-source project sponsored by Intel and developed at the Computer Vision Center (Barcelona, Spain) and the Embodied AI Foundation (California, US). Since then, CARLA has become the top-one open-source simulator for autonomous driving, used and supported by international organizations such as Toyota Research Institute, General Motors, Udacity, Lyft, Valeo, MIT, Stanford, University of Michigan, and Berkeley among many others. Our simulator is built upon Unreal Engine 4. Through this project, we aim to democratize and standardize the development and verification of automated vehicles. We look to provide society with the right tool to boost progress in this critical field, bringing this technology to the masses. That is why CARLA is and it will always be developed and released under the open-source paradigm (all our code and assets).
We are currently looking for a simulation engineer to develop new advanced physical terrain models that can capture the complexities of non-rigid terrains in off-road scenes (soil compaction, bulldozing effect, etc.). The right candidate must be able to search and distill the scientific literature in order to determine the state-of-the-art in soil models. Candidates are expected to implement and adapt soil/terrain models using their strong software engineering skills.
● Research and develop new terrain/soil models as part of the CARLA simulator
● Collaborate with a multidisciplinary team of engineers, artists, machine learning scientists, computer vision researchers and autonomous driving folks from all over the world. You will have to attend meetings with industry partners to come up with solutions to their needs.
● Ph.D. degree in Physics/ Electrical / Computer / Mechanical, or a related field of study.
● +3 years of industry experience working on simulation problems or High-Performance Computing systems.
● Strong software engineering skills
● Knowledge of Linux and Windows environments
● Fluent in C++11.
● Experience in open-source tools, especially GitHub.
● Good online communication and team collaboration skills.
● English fluency.
Good to have
● Experience in Python programming.
● Experience in Unreal Engine 4.
What do we provide:
● Very flexible schedule within a fun, supportive and engaging environment.
● Opportunities to pursue and work on cutting-edge technologies within the field of Autonomous
Driving and simulation.
● 1 paid conference a year
● Location: Computer Vision Center (CVC), Barcelona, Spain, or remote
How to apply?
You can send your cv and motivation letter with reference number to email@example.com