Unreal Engine 4 Engineer for CARLA
CARLA (http://carla.org) is an internationally recognized project that brings the state of the art in autonomous driving simulation to the world. CARLA started in 2016 as an open-source project sponsored by Intel and developed at the Computer Vision Center (Barcelona, Spain). Since then, CARLA has become the top-one open-source simulator for autonomous driving, used and supported by international organizations such as General Motors, Toyota Research Institute, Udacity, Lyft, Valeo, MIT, Stanford, University of Michigan, and Berkeley among many others. Our simulator is built upon Unreal Engine 4 and through this project, we aim to democratize and standardize the development and verification of AI agents in the field of autonomous vehicles. We look to provide society with the right tool to boost progress in this critical field, bringing this technology to the masses. That is why CARLA is and it will always be developed and released under the open-source paradigm (all our code and assets).
We are currently looking for a talented Sr software engineer with vast experience in Unreal Engine 4. You must have strong software engineering skills, experience in the Git workflow, and code reviews, in addition to a very solid understanding of Unreal Engine 4. You will be working with a multidisciplinary team of engineers, artists, machine learning scientists, computer vision researchers, and autonomous driving personnel from all over the world. You will sync frequently with the CARLA core team in Barcelona (Spain), and Intel Labs in California, US.
Mandatory skill requirements:
● Strong software engineering experience, C++ programming experience
● Experience developing in Linux environments
● Experience in open-source tools, especially GitHub
● Good communication skills and teamwork
● Good knowledge of algebra and geometry (3D transformations, etc.)
● Experience in Unreal Engine 4 (programming)
● English fluency
Highly valuable skills:
● Experience in Python programming.
● Experience in programming Computer Graphics algorithms
● Experience in procedural generation of environments
● Starting date: Immediately
● Location: Computer Vision Center (CVC), Barcelona, Spain, or remote
How to apply:
You can send your cv and motivation letter with reference number to email@example.com