Computer Vision Center is looking for a grantee for its Communication and Marketing Department
The Computer Vision Center (CVC) is a non-profit research center with independent legal status, founded in 1995 by the Generalitat de Catalunya and the Autonomous University of Barcelona (UAB). CVC is also partnered with the CERCA (Centres de recerca de Catalunya – Catalonia Research Centers).
Its mission is to conduct cutting-edge research that has the greatest international impact in the field of computer vision, promoting the transfer of knowledge to industry and society.
As part of this mission, CVC is increasing its resources to give more visibility to its researchers and disseminate their results to society. This effort was recognized by the Spanish Foundation for Science and Technology (FECYT), which accredited the CVC Communication and Marketing Department as a Unit of Scientific Culture and Innovation (UCC+i), and a member of the Spanish UCC+i Network. UCC+i acts as intermediaries between their host institutions and citizens, with the main aim of promoting scientific, technological and innovation culture through a range of activities.
CVC is seeking a full-time (37,5 h/week) grantee to join its UCC+i to give support in all the activities the department is conducting for increasing scientific, technological and innovation culture in society, especially in Artificial Intelligence and Computer Vision.
The selected candidate will be closely supervised by the Head of the Department and work in a technological, creative and collaborative environment with international projection.
- Support to the communication and the dissemination of national and European projects: Writing press releases and web news, coordination of external vendors to prepare streamings, videos, posters and other online and printed material.
- Support dissemination of the center’s activities and results (open days, institutions, media, schools, conferences and congress).
- Community Manager. Content management and dynamization in social networks.
- Involve in the preparation and permanent updating of the annual report of activities.
- Provide assistance with preparing grant proposals for scientific culture programs.
- Help to the implementation of the internal communication plan (seminars, internal newsletter, etc.).
- Support to the organization and development of internal networking events.
- Scientific background.
- Familiar with technological issues and innovation.
- University academic training in Science (any field and degree) or Journalism.
- Complementary Master’s or Postgraduate training (finished or in progress) related to Science Communication, Audiovisual Communication and Advertising Content, Creative Communication, Communication and Marketing, Online Communication and Social Network Management, Business and Institutional Communication.
- Full competence in English. Catalan and Spanish highly valued.
- Office tools domain (Word, PowerPoint, Excel…).
- Acquainted with WordPress, Mailchimp, Hootsuite or similar.
- Knowledge of graphic design tools. Adobe package (Photoshop, Illustrator and Premier), Canva.
- Familiarized with video editing, recording and scripts.
- Service-oriented attitude (internal and external).
- High oral and written communication skills.
- Good eye for curation of scientific content aimed at all kinds of audiences.
- Comfortable working as a part of a team.
- Good interpersonal skills.
- Creativity and imagination. Flexibility and fluidity.
- Curiosity for any kind of knowledge.
Note that we seek a junior candidate, therefore no previous experience is required.
Cerdanyola del Vallès (UAB campus).
- Appointment duration: July 31st, 2022.
- Gross salary: 13.500€/year, according to CVC labour categories (1st stage fellow).
- Start date: As soon as possible (from December 1st, 2021).
Application and criteria
- Applicants must submit, in one single PDF, their updated curriculum vitae (2 pages maximum) and a motivation letter (1-page maximum) through CVC online form in this link http://www.cvc.uab.es/?page_id=107, indicating offer code 2021115_Com_Grantee.
- Pre-selection: Candidates who meet the minimum requirements will be contacted for an interview to assess her/his skills.
- Selection: assessment of the preselected candidates will be based on scoring objective criteria.
- Final decision: After the selection procedure, the final decision will be formally communicated to the selected candidate.
We encourage the participation of all interested candidates, even if they do not fulfill all the requirements.
Application deadline: November 30th, 2021 at 10pm EST.
Applications will be regularly reviewed and potential candidates could be contacted for an interview before the deadline.
This contract is financed by the project PUBLIC TRANSPORT WITH AUTONOMOUS VEHICLES IN THE RURAL ENVIRONMENT. This operation is part of Eix 1 of the TDA-SmartCatalonia Sector Plan and may be financed by the FEDER Catalonia Operational Program 2014-2020.