Research assistant position for Document Analysis Group of Computer Vision Center
The Computer Vision Center (CVC) is a non-profit research center established in 1995 by the Generalitat de Catalunya and the Universitat Autònoma de Barcelona (UAB). Its mission is to carry out cutting-edge research that has the highest international impact in the field of computer vision. It also promotes the transference of knowledge to industry and society.
Computer vision is an exciting research area and an omnipresent technology, essentially empowering machines with the sense of vision. The CVC is a successful marriage between knowledge and innovation. In addition to our cutting-edge scientific achievements, we have established lasting ties with industrial partners and created several spin-off companies.
Research area or group: Document Analysis
Description of group/project:
Document Analysis is a discipline that combines image analysis and pattern recognition techniques to process and extract information from documents from different sources. Sources include either raster formats, after scanning paper-based documents, or electronic formats such as ps, html, pdf, etc.
Context and Mission:
The Document Analysis Group seeks applications to fill a research fellow position to work on our project on object detection methods based on Deep Learning.
- Design and development of documentary intelligence algorithms using graph neural network techniques.
- Bachelor degree in Computer Science or AI fields
- To be enrolled in an official master’s degree in computer vision starting next course (2022/2023)
Essential Knowledge and Professional Experience
- Deep learning
- Computer Vision
- Fluency in English
- The candidate must be an effective communicator, multitask, and work well on collaborative and interdisciplinary designs.
- Ability to think creatively.
- Ability to work independently and make decisions.
- Ability to take initiative, prioritize and work under set deadlines and pressure.
- One-year contract, full time (37,5 hours/week)
- Salary: according to CVC labour categories
- Starting date: June-July 2022
- The position will be located at Computer Vision Center (Campus Universitat Autònoma de Barcelona)
Applicants must submit their curriculum vitae through the application form below, indicating offer code: 20220608_DAG
*Important: it is imperative to indicate offer code; otherwise, application might not be processed.
- Pre-selection: determination of compliance with the minimum requirements of the offer.
- Selection: assessment of the preselected candidates by scoring based on objective criteria.
- Potential candidates will be contacted to set up an interview.