Research assistant position
The Computer Vision Center (CVC) is a non-profit research center established in 1995 by the Generalitat de Catalunya and the UniversitatAutònoma de Barcelona (UAB). Its mission is to carry out cutting-edge research that has the highest international impact in the field of computer vision. It also promotes the transference of knowledge to industry and society.
Computer vision is an exciting research area and an omnipresent technology, essentially empowering machines with the sense of vision. The CVC is a successful marriage between knowledge and innovation. In addition to our cutting-edge scientific achievements, we have established lasting ties with industrial partners and created several spin-off companies.
Research area or group: Human Behavior Understanding Group
Context and Mission:
The Human Behavior Understanding Group seeks applications to fill a research assistant position focused on Deep Learning techniques for the analysis of humans in visual data as part of the project ‘Selfsupervised gaze estimation’
In this project, we want to perform self-supervised learning on face images to be later finetuned on face analysis scenarios.
- Code self-supervised deep learning strategies
- Evaluate different face analysis scenarios
Mandatory skill requirements: (education, essential knowledge and professional experience, competences)
- Experience coding Deep learning approaches
- Experience in human behavior understanding scenarios
- Experience working with images of faces
- The candidate must be an effective communicator, multitask, and work well on collaborative and interdisciplinary designs.
- Ability to think creatively.
- Ability to work independently and make decisions.
- Ability to take initiative, prioritize and work under set deadlines and pressure.
Highly valuable skills:
- Having already published works associated with the topic of the project.
- 4 months contract, full-time (37,5h/week)
- Salary: according to CVC labour categories
- Starting date: July 2022
- The position will be located at Computer Vision Center (Campus Universitat Autònoma de Barcelona)
Applicants must submit their curriculum vitae through the form below, indicating the offer code 20220620_HUBU
*Important: it is imperative to indicate offer code; otherwise, application might not be processed.
- Pre-selection: determination of compliance with the minimum requirements of the offer.
- Selection: assessment of the preselected candidates by scoring based on objective criteria.
- Potential candidates will be contacted to set up an interview.
Application deadline: 30 June 2022