Postdoctoral junior position
The Computer Vision Center (CVC) is a non-profit research center established in 1995 by the Generalitat de Catalunya and the UniversitatAutònoma de Barcelona (UAB). Its mission is to carry out cutting-edge research that has the highest international impact in the field of computer vision. It also promotes the transference of knowledge to industry and society.
Computer vision is an exciting research area and an omnipresent technology, essentially empowering machines with the sense of vision. The CVC is a successful marriage between knowledge and innovation. In addition to our cutting-edge scientific achievements, we have established lasting ties with industrial partners and created several spin-off companies.
Research area or group: Research Lab on Image Sequence Evaluation
Description of the project:
The position is for working in a research project on handling misinformation on social media. The objective of the project is to gain a deep understanding of the phenomenon of dispersion of fake news from start to finish from the perspective of the victims of disinformation. For this, it is proposed to generate a methodology focused on the generation and analysis of data sets (with and without associated verification), applying different techniques and disciplines with a threefold sub-objective: Develop innovative and highly robust models for the characterization of fake news diffusion based on information cascading processes; Generate multimodal data source processing methodologies and tools capable of representing the message in a single vectorial space; and Characterize the messages from a reader's perspective, putting their perception and cognitive response at the center.
Context and Mission:
The Computer Vision Center seeks applications to fill a Postdoctoral junior position focused on Information Retrieval and Data Mining.
This position is linked to REMISS research project (ref.: PLEC2021-007850), funded through R&D&I Projects Strategic Lines 2021 call of the State Research Agency (Ministry of Science and Innovation) and the European Union NextGenerationEU / PRTR.
- Early Detection of Hate Speech in Online Social Networks
- Usage of Information Retrieval, Data Mining, Machine Learning, and NLP techniques
- Implementation of Social Mining algorithms
Mandatory skill requirements:
- PhD on Computer Science or Information Technology (finished, or to be finished before 2023)
- Technical skills on Information Retrieval, Data Mining, Machine Learning
- Expertise on Natural Language Processing
- The candidate must be an effective communicator, multitask, and work well on collaborative and interdisciplinary designs.
- Ability to think creatively.
- Ability to work independently and make decisions.
- Ability to take initiative, prioritize and work under set deadlines and pressure.
Highly valuable skills:
- Familiar with Web Science and Social Computing.
- Experience with Recommender Systems
- Experience with multimodal data analysis.
- Experience with data analysis tools and frameworks (R and Python libraries).
- Prior publications on top ranked journals and conferences addressing social media users’ characterization approaches.
- Experience developing predictive models with multimodal data.
- The position will be located at Computer Vision Center (Campus Universitat Autònoma de Barcelona), although a distance-work hybrid system could be negotiated.
- We offer a full-time contract, a good environment, flexible working hours
- Duration: 6 months
- Salary: proportional to €35900 annual gross, according to CVC labor categories.
- Starting date: September 1st 2022
Applications procedure and process:
- All application must include a full CV in English including contact details.
- IMPORTANT: If you have any problem with the form below, please send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org, indicating the offer reference (20220712_REMISS_postdoc) in the subject line.
Deadline: July 30th 2022
OTM-R principles for selection processes
The CVC is committed to Open Transparent and Merit-based Recruitment (OTM-R) for any potential candidate in all our processes. In 2015 we received the Human Resources Strategy for Researchers (HRS4R) award. Through an extensive and continuous process, we improve the conditions and opportunities at CVC. With these actions, the CVC is committed to the principles of the European Charter for Researchers, as well as the Code of Conduct for the Recruitment of Researchers.
For more information follow this link
Este contrato es parte del proyecto de I+D+i PLEC2021-007850 financiado por MCIN/AEI /10.13039/501100011033 y por la Unión Europea NextGenerationEU/ PRTR