Software engineer junior position
The Computer Vision Center (CVC) is a non-profit research center established in 1995 by the Generalitat de Catalunya and the UniversitatAutònoma de Barcelona (UAB). Its mission is to carry out cutting-edge research that has the highest international impact in the field of computer vision. It also promotes the transference of knowledge to industry and society.
Computer vision is an exciting research area and an omnipresent technology, essentially empowering machines with the sense of vision. The CVC is a successful marriage between knowledge and innovation. In addition to our cutting-edge scientific achievements, we have established lasting ties with industrial partners and created several spin-off companies.
Context and Mission:
The Human Pose Recovery and Behavior Analysis research group of Computer Vision Center seeks applications to fill a software engineer junior position focused on Deep Learning models for action spotting in sport videos.
This position is linked to the project ‘Research on Human Behavior Understanding in Sport Videos’.
- Implement deep learning models for the automatic multi-modal and spatio-temporal analysis in video data
- Research on models for efficient event spotting in video streams
- Write scientific communications for the associated implementations
- graduated, with master in topics related to data science, computer vision, and artificial intelligence.
- Essential Knowledge and Professional Experience
- Experience coding Deep learning approaches
- Experience in human behavior understanding scenarios
- Experience working with videos
- Highly valuable skills
- Having already published works associated to the topic of the project.
- The candidate must be an effective communicator, multitask, and work well on collaborative and interdisciplinary designs.
- Ability to think creatively.
- Ability to work independently and make decisions.
- Ability to take initiative, prioritize and work under set deadlines and pressure.
- The position will be located at Computer Vision Center (Campus Universitat Autònoma de Barcelona), although a distance-work hybrid system would be negotiated.
- We offer a full-time contract, a good environment, flexible working hours
- Duration: 6 months
- Salary: 14,000 EUR gross per year, according to CVC labor categories
- Starting date: September 1st 2022
Applications procedure and process:
- All applications must include a full CV in English including contact details.
- IMPORTANT: If you have any problem with the form below, please send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org, indicating the offer reference (20220712_HUBU) in the subject line.
Deadline: July 24th 2022
OTM-R principles for selection processes
The CVC is committed to Open Transparent and Merit-based Recruitment (OTM-R) for any potential candidate in all our processes. In 2015 we received the Human Resources Strategy for Researchers (HRS4R) award. Through an extensive and continuous process, we improve the conditions and opportunities at CVC. With these actions, the CVC is committed to the principles of the European Charter for Researchers, as well as the Code of Conduct for the Recruitment of Researchers.
For more information follow this link