CVC at Open Living Lab Days 2023
We are proud to reflect on our active role at the recently concluded Open Living Lab Days 2023 Conference “Living Labs for an Era of Transitions”, #OLLD23, that took place in Barcelona on Septermber 21-23. As co-organizers and enthusiastic participants, we made meaningful contributions to this global gathering of innovators and changemakers. Join us to discover how human-centric innovation is changing our lives!
- 📢 The High-Level Session on Transitions: This engaging session in which our associate director Fernando Vilariño participated, explored the path towards a Digital, Green, Social, and Just world. It was a forum for discussing social innovation and collaboration, paving the way for a more sustainable future.
- 🔬 Test-before-invest: In this session, the vital role of Living Labs as a service and its approach to Digital Innovation Hubs and Industrial Clusters #EDIHDigital Innovation Hub de Catalunya (DIH4CAT) was emphasized. Fernando Vilariño together with an astonishing panel of experts, shared insights on reshaping innovation, supporting SMEs, and driving systemic transformations.
- 🌍 Setting the Stage of the Social and Cultural Event with Fundación Épica La Fura dels Baus: As co-organizers, we were deeply involved in curating and kickstarting the event. Our commitment to fostering innovation and collaboration was evident from the outset.
Day 2 Highlights:
-🌟 High-level Debate. Fernando, together with remarkable contributors, explored the evolving role of #LivingLabs in fostering the quadruple helix collaboration in transition times.
ENoLL (European Network of Living Labs) & ECSA - European Citizen Science Association successfully signed a Memorandum of Understanding.
- 🎓 Universities in Transition: The future of higher education, addressing challenges and opportunities was delved. The discussions encompassed challenge-based learning, #citizenscience, and the transformative power of Living Labs in reshaping the education landscape.
- 📖 Transformation of Libraries into Living Labs: The collaboration in this workshop where the exploration of public libraries' transformation into innovation hubs was an enlightening experience. Case studies and methodologies, fostering innovation and community engagement were examined.
- 🌐Closing session. Once again, our associate director Fernando participated as #CVC representative and #OLLD23 co-organizer in the closing session with an excellent panel of experts.
Thank you to the other co-organizers for making #OLLD23 happen in #BCNENoLL (European Network of Living Labs), Fundación Épica La Fura dels Baus, i2CAT Foundation, ESSI European School of Social Innovation!
See you in Timișoara, Rumania next year!!