5 CVC researchers, among the top 5.000 researchers in Spain and Spaniards abroad according to the CSIC ranking
The Spanish National Council of Scientific Research (CSIC) has released the new edition of its Researchers in Spain and Spaniards Abroad ranking. This 2023 edition places five CVC researchers among the top 5.000 Spanish and foreign research scientists who do research in Spanish organizations ranked according to their profile indicators in the Google Scholar database.
The ranking is ordered by the h-index, a metric that calculates research impact based on a correlation between papers published and the number of citations, and then by the number of citations. The data was collected during the last week of November 2022.
These are the data of the CVC researchers included on the list, with their ranking position, h-index and citations:
- Dr Joost van de Weijer, head of the Learning and Machine Perception group, is ranked at position 1.024 with 63 points in the h-index and 16.854 citations.
- Dr Sergio Escalera, head of the Human Pose Recovery and Behavior Analysis group (CVC & UB), is ranked at position 1.443 with 57 points in the h-index and 11.720 citations.
- Dr Antonio Manuel López, ICREA Academia researcher at the UAB and head of the Autonomous Driving group at CVC, ranked at position 1.497 with 56 points in the h-index and 15.328 citations.
- Dr Petia Radeva, CVC & UB researcher, ranked at position 1.959 with 52 points in the h-index and 10.238 citations.
- Dr Josep Lladós, CVC director and head of the Document Analysis group, is ranked at position 4.215 with 41 points in the h-index and 5.902 citations.
The main objective of this ranking is to increase the visibility of the scientists and their work, making known the contribution of researchers in or from Spain using the personal data from their public profiles on Google Scholar.
Check out the list here: Ranking of researchers in Spain and Spaniards abroad (I).